RetroArch PC releases

Please excuse my ignorance what’s mean RGUI?

About SDL issue… I suppose my weak hardware is one of the reason. And neighter libretro gens version works as DirectX. I have an Nokia Booklet with Intel GMA500 graphics (I know it’s a puty hardware pie but I don’t have any ohter). I mean if I can provide some logs I can do it if it needed. I’m motivated to help you. But if SDL is the only way to work at my netbook so I take it. Just help me to understand wich version I need to use.

RGUI, Retro Graphic User Interface, the emulator’s menu when you press F1 :smiley:

Oh… I’m so dumb… I know about GUI I’m just confused with R leter. Ok I got it. But for now I need to reconfigure latest one version coz I use 0.9.7 still coz of retroarch-phoenix.

Oh… I’m so dumb… I know about GUI I’m just confused with R leter. Ok I got it. But for now I need to reconfigure latest one version coz I use 0.9.7 still coz of retroarch-phoenix.[/quote]

No prob :stuck_out_tongue: Some of the buttons need to configured via CLI (command-line), but it’s easy to get the hang of :smiley:

Guy please help me. Current Retroarch isn’t working in SDL mode it’s just crash. Libretro Genplus 1.7.4. Works in GL but slows.

SDL software and Xvideo drivers don’t support RGUI. They are lingering there for backward compat, but they really, really shouldn’t be used.

Glad the forum is back.

Just a question as i have searched for it but not found, the mame 2013 core based on 0.149 just got deleted and there´s only the mame 2013 0.150. By any change someone got the old 0.149 core for x32 or x64 or maybe its still in developement? The full romset i have is the 0.149 one, not a critical thing because there would be just a few roms missing or failing but will be nice to have different mame cores depending of the romset (as there is mame 0.78, i know this one was made for being faster)

Thanks for making all this implementation possible and hoping for a mame core on win32, i hope i could have more time to spend putting this on the netbook for casual retro gaming.

Cheers!!

EDIT: Forgive my post, turning 0.149 to 0.150 is about 64MB, no problem and it works great!! Best core ever =D

Based on an experience last night…had an NBA Jam marathon and it was down to the wire. Accidentally I pressed the button mapped to exit the emulator and the entire game was lost. What if you had a setting where it would ask you if you definitely wanted to quit instead of exiting the program without questioning?

“Would you like to exit Retroarch?” Yes/no

@Adam7288 That’s probably a good idea. Squarepusher is amenable to the idea, but the implementation might not happen immediately. In the meantime, the best idea is probably not to directly map a hotkey to exit and instead use the ‘exit retroarch’ entry from RGUI to avoid pressing it accidentally in-game.

Whats the deal with the MAME core on the latest release and the 360 wireless pad, some of the button configs seem to be odd, like i think its the ‘Y’ button when pressing that mame see’s that as press the tab button on the keyboard that brings up the in game menu and right trigger is frame skip options. Im not sure why the rest of the buttons are number in sequence (as they should be) but then these few arent like ‘Button 5’ but actual keyboard bindings??

Which button is used to rewind in games? I’m not seeing where to configure the rewind button

Edit: Nvm, its ‘r’. Found out in the cfg file. Is it possible to set it in the menu rather than digging through the cfg file

@rex Not yet, but it’s being worked on, so maybe soon.

I’ve uploaded new megapacks. I cannot figure out how to do MAME cross builds from Linux, so if you want mame cores (or any cores I overlooked) included in the megapack, I’d like if someone can upload the cores (for 32-bit and 64-bit).

I haven’t tested the megapacks in much detail since I don’t even have Windows installed anymore, so there could be some weird issues :V

But seriously, what I want is for someone else to do the “official” builds. I know there are unofficial builds floating around, and if those packs are better, I can host those on my site (if they contain all PSX bioses etc, that’s not acceptable for an official build ofc).

I guess I’ll add Windows to my list of ‘builds’ to do from now on as well - on one condition -

that I get to decide how we move the Windows port forward from here on. That means - if I deem a menubar has to be there - then we might have misgrievances on the code and figure out a way to make it acceptable for both you and me, but the menubar will still go in regardless.

I basically want to make the Windows port something that can be used by your average enduser without RA being on the receiving end of a lot of bitching about ‘non-user friendliness’ - kinda like what meancoot did for OSX. The OSX port has been greatly improved ever since we decided to move away from the ugly ‘plain-jane SDL’ port. I want to do something similar for Windows.

I’m certain we can find some acceptable compromise without really cutting off our own nose to spit our face by going ‘meh - menubars - native UIs - who needs them?’.

In the future, can retroarch remember the shader used per core. For example, when i use nestopia the crt halation shader is used, and when i change to gambatte the dmg shader is automatically used

I think per-core configs are implemented now, though I’m not sure exactly how you go about utilizing them.

I submited a N64 bug here: http://libretro.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=10036#p10036 And was fixed in the version from 27th december: http://libretro.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=10060#p10060

Now I am on the official 1.0.0.0 release and I have to see, this fix didn’t arrive it. Also the F1 Race fix for gambatte still didn’t arrive RetroArch, but was fixed a long time ago in the binaries: http://libretro.com/forums/viewtopic.ph … 55b9#p3330

So for N64 I have to stay at the develpoment build, but nice to see this project is doing big steps forward :slight_smile:

[i]

[/i]

http://www4.zippyshare.com/v/67771027/file.html

Someone compiled RA Win64 last night, and it includes MAME. So you can grab that core from there.

[i]

[/i]

Well, there is the people who make dev builds. They’re already building them and uploading them. So why ask them? All they would have to do is upload them to the main site instead of where they’re uploading now, such as dropbox.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=993

I’m having issues with downloading retroarch win64. I tried using chrome and IE

Windows build download is not initializing. Chrome and Firefox are downloading incomplete files, all are 0 KB.