RetroArch PS3 releases (v1.0.0.2)

Hi there. I’m new to the PS3 emulation scene, so sorry if any of this is misplaced or if I’m not understanding something.

I am running the RetroArch v1.0.0.0 CEX release on an old 60GB BC PS3 with Habib/Cobra 4.46 v. 1.03a. All seems to be working well, but whenever I try to load the Mednafen Virtual Boy core, RetroArch crashes and becomes permanently broken. I can’t restart RetroArch unless I delete it and reinstall a fresh copy.

It’s not important to me. I probably won’t touch the VB roms again. I just wanted to make you aware and ask if I was doing something wrong.

Or…could just be an Easter egg to see if anybody bothers to use the VB core… :stuck_out_tongue:

Use the latest version v1.0.0.1 and see if the problem is there. You should not have to do a fresh install. Try deleting the RetroArch.cfg file in the RetroArch Installation folder. Should allow it to boot back up.

Here you can find RetroArch v1.0.0.1 cex here via this link: http://psx-scene.com/forums/content/ret … more-4086/

I will test VB on my console here in a bit and will report back if i have any issues. I want to say it worked fine for me before.

EDIT: VirtualBoy works as it should on v1.0.0.1

I hadn’t seen the CEX 1.0.0.1 before. Yes, you’re right. It works fine on that version. Thanks for the heads-up.

Funny, the file I got from the link below is actually 0.9.9 not 1.0.0.1. Any other links I can get to try v1.0.0.1 CEX would be greatly appreciated. (for the PS3) . Thanks in advance…

hi.I have a problem in retroarch 1.0.0.1 ps3.rewind work fine in ver. 0.9.9 but in this ver. is not working or im dont know shortkey.anyone can help me? thx

I took out those hardcoded binds in the last version.

Anyway, in the next version (due for release next week) you can rebind these actions to whatever you want.

I took out those hardcoded binds in the last version.

Anyway, in the next version (due for release next week) you can rebind these actions to whatever you want.[/quote]

The Week(end) is rescued!

First of all, I´d like to thank squarepusher and all the other developers for making such an incredible product. I use both Wii and PS3 versions, but now I´m using PS3 version a little more, since the Wii is hooked up to a CRT TV that is in my wife´s bedroom.

With that said, I´ve noticed that since 1.0.0.1 PS3 version I simply cannot remap the controller buttons. I thought I could do that in 1.0.0.2, but the issue is still there. Also, the analog pag doesn´t work either. For what I´ve read in the forums, I´m not the only one having such issue. Any idea of what could I do? This is becoming a real game breaker. Thanks in advance!

You’re doing something wrong then - since you can remap controls just fine.

As for ‘analog pad’ not working - go to Settings -> Input Options -> Analog D-pad mode. Set it to either None, left Stick or Right Stick.

dgardino,

Squarepusher is correct about the Analog to D-Pad mapping to solve your issue with that. In terms of changing the input buttons for either the DualShock 3 or any USB controller you may have, I’ve had the same exact issues you seem to experience in both RA v1.0.0.1 & v1.0.0.2. I couldn’t get many of the buttons to be successfully swapped. For instance, I couldn’t set the “X” button on the DualShock 3 to anything other than the default, b/c it would consistently register as a “Return” command during an input and wouldn’t take (if there is a work around, Squarepusher, please let me know). For my USB controllers, only some buttons would be able to be set, but not all of them for some reason.

However, I was able to work around this issue for both the DualShock 3 and my USB controllers in RA v1.0.0.2 by transferring the core .cfg file from my PS3 and altering it on my PC with the correct button layout. The process was a bit tedious, but I was able to successfully make .cfg files for all my controllers the way I want, for the cores. So it is possible!

Keep up the good work RA Team!

Guys, where can I find standalone shaders?

@icdeadppl https://github.com/libretro/common-shaders/

Hi gentlemen.

It seems rom gberet.zip (Green beret) is not compatible with mame core in retroarch v1.0.0.2?

Game hangs on black screen after the mame copyright screen.

I used the .078 version rom and many of its sister clone roms for testing and none seem to boot. Is this an issue with the emulator or something else? Game works fine on pc ver .78 mame as well.

Is there a compatibility chart for mame games in retroarch I can add to as I do further testing of mame roms in reteoarch?

Thanks for your help in advance Ransom

Ps upon further tests noticed game works with fba core only :slight_smile:

Hi, Thank you all for making Retroarch as to me it is one of the best things to come out on PS3 and love using it especially now that 0.78 MAME is added but also wondered if its possible to update the MAME with the latest fixes/added games from another source like MAMEoXTRAS used on Xbox 1? I only ask since PS3 being the better machine than the Xbox 1, I thought it would be great to have more working games while still using the older core which the guys/gals working on the Xbox 1 ports really did an awesome job and still continue support on the Xbox 1.

I’d like to see improvements in emulation mame 0.78 MK 2/3 / UMK3 sound is still a problem for them. We come Retroarch (v1.0.0.3) Thanks!

Hi I have a question regarding MAME core on PS3 if I try to load any rom that need the stv bios from simple golden axe 2 to complicated astra superstars the emu hangs and then return to XMB any fix to this or I’m doing something wrong?

Hey everyone, so I’m running the CEX version of RetroArch v1.0.0.2 on CFW 3.55 and everything’s fine, most settings save (such as shaders and whatnot) but for some reason input changes won’t. I’ve tried saving a new cfg, FTPing over a cfg and changing the inputs manually and then FTPing it back, but it always reverts back to default input settings. This is kind of a pain for certain cores like GBA and FBA. Has anyone run into this issue and found a way around it?

Also, is there any point to changing the CPU speed or enabling hard sync?

Lastly, I’m noticing some slowdown in some titles like Earthbound. Is this by design or is there something that I can do to make it run better?

Thanks so much for any help that you guys can offer.

Seriously dude. Im still stuck on 1.0.0.2 and i would like to upgrade to newest one. The problem is… 1.0.0.2 is the last one that the sites had posted but i know that it isnt the newest one. Ive searched everywhere but i cannot find a official place to download the install pkg of the newest. The PS3 version of this emulator is a pain to update. Can some kind soul tell where is this “the usual places” that the downloads can be found because for me, mere mortal, its a enigma! Thanks in advance.