RetroArch Wii/Gamecube Releases (v1.0.0.2)

From what I’ve seen, there are less audio/video sync issues and more vibrant color palettes than FCEUmm, I could be wrong, but it seems more accurate.[/quote] That’s awesome, I still haven’t really used NEStopia, but weren’t there some cons too? I’ll probably start using it over fceumm since it has problems with save files on certain games, that I like to play more often.

Was using FCEUmm to play Mega Man II today so I thought I’d ask. Thanks for the reply.

No problem, I personally prefer Nestopia over others :stuck_out_tongue:

Really happy and thankful you’re continuing support :slight_smile:

I would like to reinstate an issue for 0.9.8.4 , Kirby Superstar (snes9x) gives a black screen upon loading.

I don’t get that over here with No-Intro ROMsets.

Anyway, it might be fixed in 0.9.8.5 for you.

In MednafenPCE Fast is it possible to change the input to the PC Engine 6 button pad like on WiiMednafen? Street Fighter II was one of the games that used this.

I’ll look into adding that.

Try the rom from a different source/romset, I’m curious cuz I thought I played the game the other day. I’ll test when I get home tonight.

[quote=“Squarepusher”]

Yeah, it will be in RetroArch Wii as well.

It’s software rendered but with Unreal 1-style dither kernel filtering and some extras ontop. Software Quake 1had some things that GL immediate mode GLQuake didn’t have (such as warping water, overbrights, dynamic lighting, non-POT textures and so on) - so I like having a Quake port that looks as authentic as possible.

Plus I’m adament about a stable 60fps / 50fps framerate so I have made sure that the console ports at least run at a fixed framerate like that.[/quote]

That sounds great, thank you! I suppose that will also support the two Quake 1 mission packs like Quake GX? One last question if i may: are there any plans to include IR support on RA like other Wii emus (Mame SDLWii, SNES9X, genesis plus GX, FCEUMM GX etc) have? It could help on the lightgun games and the Quake core. Lastly, it could also be useful if and when scummvm support comes too. Just asking, if it is troubling or deemed useless please disregard my question. Thanks once again :slight_smile:

The two mission packs are already supported yes.

Regarding IR support - it might have to be done eventually - for now analog sticks will have to do.

Also, IR support is really impractical for Quake and I don’t really see it being worthwhile there - twin-stick controls would beat that type of control any time of the day. I saw the ‘Wiimote’ controls in GX Quake and I don’t really think it’s worth pursuing that - far too hacky and impractical.

I’ll look into adding that.[/quote]

Great, thanks for looking into this.

They’re now taking their trolling to Github -

https://github.com/Themaister/RetroArch/issues/135#issuecomment-14673168

Absolutely shameful bunch that is in the Wii scene. I have to say, I have dealt with some absolutely annoying asshats (and I have been in the 360/PS3/Android scenes here, so I’m used to some BS) - but this absolutely takes the cake. Never have I seen them take their trolling to a developer-oriented site like this.

To that guy I can only say - by all means - hook up that SNES to your CRT TV and leave me the fuck alone. Fievel Forumtroll is going to see ‘imaginary pixel perfect graphics’ that the ‘developers intended to be seen’ and all that - I also hear miracle cures are real and that there’s no such thing as placebo.

Well that sucks. Glad nothing bad happened though :stuck_out_tongue: Just make sure he doesn’t join these forums.

Unreal. They will be sending you friend requests on Facebook next.

Assuming they can find out what their real names are.

Nice, the mission paks are awesome! Thanks once again. Ditt0 about dual analog controls GC pad it is then :slight_smile: It’s more than good enough.

P.S. Slightly OT, on the subject of IR aiming on FPSs, ofcourse it is mostly a matter of preference. Personally, i respectfully disagree. After a little tinkering with turning speed and bounding boxes, Wiimote and nunchuck offer a precision that dual analog can`t match without resorting to auto or sticky aim assist. This is apparent in online TDM on CoD. [/offtopic]

+1 for IR support for lightgun games :slight_smile:

There are some really great things to look forward to with this project, and although certain attitudes/things drove you away from temp, I for one hope it doesn’t discourage the RA team from continuing your optimizations for this console and as I’m sure you already know, it doesn’t reflect the mindset of all Wii sceners.

Thanks for the latest list tanuki. +rep if I could lol.

preisle.zip - Prehistoric Isle in 1930 has the wrong pallete otherwise appears to run okay.

Hi Toad King / Squarepusher,

I just wanted to take a second and thank you for the great job you’ve done with RetroArch --specifically the Wii port. The Wii has been my emulator of choice for the last 3 years due to its convenience and compatibility with Nintendo peripherals, but I’ve always had issues with Snes9x GX (mostly sound hiccups).

RetroArch has gone above and beyond correcting all those issues… I can’t wait to see what you guys have in store for the future!

T’sup bud, I got around to loading this Rom today and I played for awhile w/o any issues. Just in case, did you ever get around to trying out a rom from a different source?