RetroArch Wii/Gamecube Releases (v1.0.0.2)

+1 on working of Kirby’s Superstar (it’s your rom) and +1 on preisle.zip palette issue.

Myself, i unfortunately still have an issue with Virtua Racing for Mega Drive/Genesis. I must have tried 7 different roms they all work perfectly on the standalone Genesis plus GX, but not on the RA one. I know it is my roms’ issue, so can anyone send me a pm and point me to a working Virtua Racing on RA?

Same issue here, Virtua Racing works fine on Genplus GX but I get a black screen on RA. Same issue with Golden Axe.

EDIT: Tried Virtua Racing again and it worked, I had not altered any settings. Strange.

Same issue here, Virtua Racing works fine on Genplus GX but I get a black screen on RA. Same issue with Golden Axe.

EDIT: Tried Virtua Racing again and it worked, I had not altered any settings. Strange.[/quote] Does Virtua Racing work when it’s the very first ROM loaded? Sounds like it could be a reentry issue.

EDIT: Tried Virtua Racing again and it worked, I had not altered any settings. Strange.[/quote] Does Virtua Racing work when it’s the very first ROM loaded? Sounds like it could be a reentry issue.[/quote]

I’ll test the Kirby issue today and see if I can reproduce it on my end :stuck_out_tongue:

EDIT: Tried Virtua Racing again and it worked, I had not altered any settings. Strange.[/quote] Does Virtua Racing work when it’s the very first ROM loaded? Sounds like it could be a reentry issue.[/quote]

I will test tonight.

EDIT: First rom loading, I get “INFO - Loading Virtua Racing (U).bin” and it freezes. Have to do hard reset on the Wii. Restarted the machine, booted up RA and the same issue.

Hi Squarepusher et al.,

I have a niche and very non-urgent feature request to make if that’s alright.

I have added the HORI GameBoy Player Controller for NGC to my controller collection and as you can see, contrary to a standard NGC controller this one has a Select button and lacks analog and C sticks.

I was thus wondering if a profile could be added to the Wii port which would take its layout into account (say, have its select button act as Wiimote Minus and Z act as Wiimote Home)

As always, feel free to pass if it’s too much work.

If there is a way I can provide a keycode for that incongruous Select button, kindly let me know.

P.S: I tried your fix for the TOMMY NeoGeo stick on Android last week but alas, same result. I also see that the input code is undergoing quite the rewrite so I’ll try again once it is all done.

Wow that is one nice controller, I missed out on this, I wasn’t even aware of it. Does it fare well with Wii’s VC? Can u use it for GC games?

Isn’t the Select button on the Hori GBP GCN controller just mapped to Gamecube’s Y button? I don’t think it has any unique functionality.

[quote=“mugenmidget”]

Isn’t the Select button on the Hori GBP GCN controller just mapped to Gamecube’s Y button? I don’t think it has any unique functionality.[/quote] That would be silly it already has a Y button -_-

Had more time to play around today and it appears that you are right! Problem solved =)

I don’t get that over here with No-Intro ROMsets.

Anyway, it might be fixed in 0.9.8.5 for you.[/quote]

No need to look into it, it was just corrupted for some reason when extracted. Fine now.

As an update - Not sure this is going to help though - I have also tried a Hori GameCube wired stick (Soul Calibur 2 stick cube) direct to GC port 1 and that works without problem.

T’sup Squarepusher, I found an interesting bug. I’ve been testing WiiXplorer’s latest rev’s with Keyboard support and playing PSO I&II online with keyboard support, but if you attempt to start RetroArch while the keyboard is plugged into USB Port 1, you’ll sit at a black screen which requires a hard reset. I’ve been able to reproduce it every time. Whether it’s through WiiFlow’s plugin system or launching RA straight, if the keyboard is plugged in RA never loads.

It happens with RA on USB, if RA is on the SD card it still starts I believe. I’m not asking for Keyboard support or anything but it would be cool if RA played nice and started even if a keyboard is plugged in. Hope this helps to make an even better 0.9.8.5 :slight_smile:

I did not see a topic for PS3 releases but I do have a bug to report for the latest PS3 release.

I was playing super punch out then all of a sudden the screen became scrambled then retroarch froze; no inputs from the controller registered at this point.

Hi, I have my keyboard plugged always (big MonHun player =P) and have no problems with 0.9.8.4. Port1 is the one on the top when Wii is horizontal position. Try switching the ports =)

I can’t switch the ports cuz that’s where my USB is plugged in with all RA config files and cores. When launching from SD card I didn’t get the issue. All my testing, points to the keyboard when loading RA from USB port 0 with keyboard plugged into USB port 1.

If you launch RA from HBC with my keyboard plugged in, after about a 10sec black screen it returns to HBC. If I unplug the keyboard it’s all good, RA loads right up.

Sorry don’t mean to sound repetitive I just wanted to give as much detail as possible. If there’s anyway to log so I can provide you guys with some valid logistics/numbers please let me know if/how I can help. Thanks,

Just wanted to report a small bug that I noticed while playing Soul Blazer (SNES) with my classic controller. Sometimes (but not nearly everytime), while using the control pad, if I press a direction multiple times it will “stick” and continue to go in that direction until I hit another direction. Turning off Dpad emulation seems to fix this problem.

EDIT/ADDITION: Also, for the same game, the first time I load the rom, the opening music slows down when the words “SOUL BLAZER” are scrolling across the screen. If I reset the game, it plays normally… Any reasoning behind this or just weirdness?

Unfortunately ye, despite what guys like marcan42 say, there are still problems with Wiiuse in libogc - and I’ve noticed ‘sticking’ from time to time.

Not much that can be done with it I guess if it won’t ever be acknowledged.

EDIT/ADDITION: Also, for the same game, the first time I load the rom, the opening music slows down when the words “SOUL BLAZER” are scrolling across the screen. If I reset the game, it plays normally… Any reasoning behind this or just weirdness?

I’ve noticed this - you might just chalk it up to SNES9x inaccuracies.

I haven’t tried it out on SNES9x mainline so no idea if it’s SNES9x Next-specific. Anyway, it’s a quite brief intro so not really huge dealbreaker.

Thanks for clarifying that! Shame about the Wiiuse issues, though.

For your reference, I tried Soul Blazer in SNES9x 1.53 and the slowdown is still there. So it seems to be a problem with the mainline.

this may seem like a trivial thing, but I was wondering if text scroll could be added to the file browser for when you are selecting a ROM with a file name that is too long to be displayed all at once.