RetroArch Wii/Gamecube Releases (v1.0.0.2)

I agree this could be a good idea.

In the same vein (Ui related), would it be possible to add an option to start from the last folder you navigated to when you first start retroarch? It would be cool if I started right in my rom folder from the get go.

Incredibly random note: SNES game ā€˜ā€˜Jim Leeā€™s Wildcatsā€™ā€™ā€™ freezes after a while on SNES 9X GX Next (as well as SNES9X GX 4.3.2) while it works fine on ZSNES on my PC. Dunno why, i just discovered it and thought iā€™d mention it. Itā€™s a mediocre game btw so no need to bother.

Both Zsnes and Snes9x 4.3.2 rely on frame skipping, but Snes9x Next does not, this may be why it seems to run ā€œfasterā€. Zsnes also has issues with many games as far as speed inaccuracies, but I digress. I should also note that the real console exhibited slowdown every now and then when a lot of data was being processed on-screen.

Both Zsnes and Snes9x 4.3.2 rely on frame skipping, but Snes9x Next does not, this may be why it seems to run ā€œfasterā€. Zsnes also has issues with many games as far as speed inaccuracies, but I digress. I should also note that the real console exhibited slowdown every now and then when a lot of data was being processed on-screen.[/quote]

Huh!?? What does this have to do with anything? Did i mention anything about speed or accuracy on my post? :0 Please read what you quoted again. Also i mentioned that the freeze happens on BOTH emus so it appears to be a SNES9X issue (for Wii at least).

Btw, I know RA SNES9X Next blows away the standalone SNES9X GX for accuracy, after all, thatā€™s what i use.

P.S. A new find: GBA game ā€˜ā€˜Smashing Driveā€™ā€™ freezes a few seconds after the race starts, in VBA Next.

Hello again, iā€™d like to ask something. Whatā€™s the a possibility for mame core inclusion whenever 0.9.9 hits?

1.0.0 is more likely. Itā€™s not yet at a stage where I feel satisfied enough to include it.

As far as new features for the Wii build, will support for larger Neo-Geo roms make 0.9.9?

Cool, thanks for the heads up :slight_smile:

Is on the fly IPS patching available in Retroarch Wii? It doesnā€™t seem to work for me (name files the same, put in same folder). Iā€™m using the same ROMs I used for SNES9X GX so theyā€™re confirmed working in another app. Any help would be appreciated :slight_smile:

With the recent fixes for Seiken Densetsu 3 and Kirbyā€™s Dreamland 3 (with the speed hack and hi-res mode 7 fixes) do you think they will be implemented in the next version of Snes9x Next?

I wanted to mention sth: FBA core, VBA core, SNES core, PCE, CPS1 and CPS2 cores all work for multiple consequent rom loadings. Neo Geo core loads the first rom and upon loading a second (consequent) one it blackscreens (RA still responds), needs restart from options ant then loading of the second rom.

Hello, I noticed that the default bios that is used for Neo Geo games is Asian/S3. I tried removing it from the neogeo.zip file so that it will automatically select another one but the games just wonā€™t load afterwards. Is there anyway I can change the bios version at all?

Thank you

Hey there!

I just discovered this wonderful emulator for Wii and I am pretty amazed, atonished! I keep my old black Xbox just for arcade emulation (specially MAME) but now, being able to play CPS1 and CPS2 games on Wii ~ oh myā€¦ I am really jumping here!

Regarding the PCE Core controller problems:

I did read all posts on this topic and I think that the solution for the PCE controller bugs was not found yet, am I correct?

I just set up Retro-Arc yesterday and everything worked flawlessly for CPS1 and CPS2 cores, except for the PCE controlling. My controller seems to be always pushing right, and also the #1 button sometimes seems to be on turbo fire.

I tried Shinobi (J), Raiden (J), Ghouls and Ghost SGX (J) and few other games.

I tried these setups of controllers as well:

• Wiimote
  • Wiimote + Classic Controlle Pro
  • Both combos above without the GC port connected
  • SNES original pad on Gamecube Port using this adapter

I also tried to deactivate D-Pad emulation, and no luck. And I had once the problem of the bad behavior of the controller in the GUI, while using the PCE Core. It was pushing bottom continuallyā€¦ but it happened once.

I am using the Retroarch emulator in the SD card.

Any news on this matter? And thanks again for the wonderful port! Cospefogo.

In time:

Is that possible to have a way of accessing DIP switches on CPS1 and CPS2 games? Maybe a button combo, something like thatā€¦ And, of course, to have the settings saved after change!

Thanks! (Anxious for news regarding the PCE controller bugs!)

Cospefogo.

Hi

first of all a big thank you for this project Itā€™s like a dream on my CRT Sony PVM :slight_smile:

That said I can confirm what cospefogo said for pce controllers also on the same core, I noticed that all the supposed pce low resolutions canā€™t display the image properly It seems always broken vertically, but it happens only on this particular core.

I hope for an ā€œautomaticā€ switch of correct low resolution in the future

Thanks (and sorry for my english)

It will work correctly in the next version, choosing the appropriated resolution.

This looks great, will try it out, Iā€™m pretty satisfied with Snes9x GX right now but the one thing Iā€™m missing is image quality, I used to play SNES games on my HTPC with Snes9x-Win and some of cwrtā€™s shaders and the games looked great!

I suppose the Wii canā€™t handle any shaders at all which is a shame :confused:

Are there any other differences in image quality between retroarch snes9x and tantrics version?

Cheers!

cool! thanks for the reply

Hi guys, just wondering if there has been any progress on larger rom support for Neo Geo.