RetroArch Wii Release (v1.0.0.2)

Not really, I’ve tested it with DKC 2 (gba obviously), not much to see on it.

Then may I ask as to the purpose of having custom resolutions on the Wii port is indeed a Wii thing? I mean, isn’t it kind of a pain to change the resolution of each core every time said core is used?[/quote]

Since it’s a Wii thing, not enough testing has been done I guess. What happens if you change the res in the cfg file for the core? does it work then?

Then may I ask as to the purpose of having custom resolutions on the Wii port is indeed a Wii thing? I mean, isn’t it kind of a pain to change the resolution of each core every time said core is used?[/quote]

Since it’s a Wii thing, not enough testing has been done I guess. What happens if you change the res in the cfg file for the core? does it work then?[/quote]

You mean force-enabling a specific resolution manually, I personally haven’t tried it, but I think Charco said he did but didn’t work ( at least I think, I could be wrong), I’ll definitely test it for sure. The more people we can get to test it, the better =D

My buttons don’t seem to save when I change them on the CPS2 core. They did on previous versions. Anyone else have this issue?

That’s really weird, even if you edit the config file forcibly?

No, just changed the button assignment (to put strong punch/kick on face buttons for Marvel Super Heroes) in input settings and exited/restarted RA but they reverted back on start up.

Also tried pressing save config and reloaded using that config, no joy.

Thought it could have something to do with auto detection of the Classic Controller as input and tried turning that off but that didn’t work either.

It’s not a big deal, as fighting games are the only ones I would be changing button mappings for, just thought it strange as it worked no problem in older versions of RA.

Then leave it as an option to tick on or off. The current resolution switching breaks things right now so don’t act like it works perfectly right now. I’m not complaining because its a side effect of the feature for me. Just turn it off and then it back on.

I was also thinking that an option to turn it on or off is enough to please demand. The average user would find it frustrating that other emulators can save everything but the best one cannot.

I think this is a fair compromise. Have an option callled “Save Default Resolution (Advanced)” and leave it off by default. That way newbies have fair warning not to touch it without knowing what they’re getting their hands into and the people who do want it get the feature they need.

There maybe could be some known defaults similar to mednafen.

prBoom is running way too fast in v1.0.0.2.

I’m almost certain that the problem is that the core is ignoring the uncapped_framerate setting in the prboom.cfg file. I can recreate the problem in v1.0.0.1, by configuring the FPS in prBoom to 60 FPS.

For all Retroarch releases prior to v1.0.0.2, I had it set at 35 FPS, and the game played at a speed compareable to the original DOS version of the game.

For now, I recommend everyone use v1.0.0.1 version of prBoom.

Button assignment is broken on the Nestopia core too. Reassigning buttons no longer saves as it did in previous versions.

EDIT: same for PC Engine. So that’s CPS2, Nestopia and PC Engine haven’t tried it on other cores but this appears to be a global issue.

Are you sure? I mapped several buttons (Hold FastForward, RGUI and Rewind ) to the C stick and changed B to X on the GC controller and they work fine. In fact I played through an entire RPG (Pool or Radiance) since this release and I didn’t experience any problems with mapping buttons. That’s weird.

I would like to ask now that we’re talking about the NES cores… Why I get a code dump almost everytime I try to load a japanese rom with Nestopia and QuickNes? For example Kid Dracula works with FCEUmm, but it crash Retroarch when using the other two. The same happens with a lot of Japanese games.

Are they not supported by those cores?

It works while I am playing a game, it’s just that if I restart RA/load another core etc. the buttons revert back to default. What am I doing wrong?

What I do is :

Load a game, go back to the Retroarch menu Do the changes, go back to the game,
Open the Retroarch menu again, and load a different game of the same core.

And that’s pretty much it. After that the button assignments always keep saved for me., but if you want to assure they are saved, exit (Not restart) Retroarch and launch it right after.

Try to do that, I hope it works for you too.

Followed those instructions exactly, no buttons saved.

Really weird. I’m sorry to hear that.

Do you have the Find Controller option enabled? I usually have problems with that when it’s turned on. What buttons are you trying to change?

I have Autodetect enable ON. I will try with this off. Also, when I try to set the buttons I can change them all until I get to the D pad, it only allows me change the Up button but not down, left or right.

EDIT: finally, it worked! Autodetect enable must be set to OFF. You must assign buttons individually as opposed to using the Configure All (RetroPad) option as this fails to work once you get to the d-pad assignment.

Thanks for your help. That was WAY harder than it should have been.

HUZZAH! it worked! I’m glad to help , but yes, you can bet I got angry when I understood why the heck didn’t save after three hours trying everything except turning off that f***ing option xDDDD.

Yes, it was infuriating! Now I have edited my CPS2 buttons and changed NES and PC Engine to Y B instead of B A as this is much more comfortable with the Classic Controller.