ROMs & BIOS - Where to Place?

Hi guys i’m trying to put some bios and Roms in my Rasperry Pi 2, unfortunately i don’t know the specific path where i have to place those files… Could you help me pls?

One more thing… how can i keep my ROMs library nice and clean? Have i to create subfolders? Becasue when I insert the Roms in their folder , they are listed all together without being associated within is own emulator

BIOS etc. go into the ‘system’ directory. If there’s not one already, you can set one up in the paths/settings directory.

For cleaning up the ROM list, that’s coming with the database stuff, which is in the works and will be finished in a few days (coinciding with the RetroArch 1.2 release).

[QUOTE=hunterk;23272]BIOS etc. go into the ‘system’ directory. If there’s not one already, you can set one up in the paths/settings directory.

For cleaning up the ROM list, that’s coming with the database stuff, which is in the works and will be finished in a few days (coinciding with the RetroArch 1.2 release).[/QUOTE]

Awesome! What about FBA Roms??? I can’t start anyone of them…

Without seeing a log, my guess is that you’re just using the wrong ROMs. Like MAME, FBA is very picky about which ROMs you can use, so I recommend looking for FBA sets, specifically. There’s some French site that has working ones, IIRC.

Yes, you need to find FBA specific ROMs, and the bios like neogeo.zip goes next to the ROMs, in the case of FBA, not in the system directory.

I suggest you to read our doc, you will learn a lot on how to use and configure your console.

Which is the extension for FBA roms ?

The extension for FBA roms is zip

[QUOTE=hunterk;23272]BIOS etc. go into the ‘system’ directory. If there’s not one already, you can set one up in the paths/settings directory.

For cleaning up the ROM list, that’s coming with the database stuff, which is in the works and will be finished in a few days (coinciding with the RetroArch 1.2 release).[/QUOTE]

I note that on the release news the statement has been made “This new release is using the XMB menu. The database and scanning is not present yet in the RetroArch that we ship. It is a choice. We will include this new feature in the next release if possible, since it still needs maturation before being usable and integrated well.”

Does this mean that the database function has been deferred? If so how long do you recon it will take to implement?

Thanks,

Keith.

Hello, this database stuff is being actively developped in RetroArch in the last 2 weeks. There are some problems like the database not being complete enough to recognize all your roms. And it needs to be integrated in XMB. It can take many weeks.

[QUOTE=Kivutar;23441]Hello, this database stuff is being actively developped in RetroArch in the last 2 weeks. There are some problems like the database not being complete enough to recognize all your roms. And it needs to be integrated in XMB. It can take many weeks.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the clarification. Keep up the good work guys. Everything so far is amazing :slight_smile:

Does the CPS3 Emulator works on Lakka? If yes which is the rom extension?