Run Philips CD-i games in Retroarch (mame_libretro) via RocketLauncher

I have an RL MAME module ( Not sure if it’s custom.) that has a very configurable method of running software lists. It is for the stand-alone MAME but if you have “run from CLI”. enabled, I wonder if it could be used.:thinking:

1 Like

Ok, i discovered that if i turn the CLI parameter “OFF”, i can launch through standalone RetroArch but not Rocketlauncher/RetroArch.

If i keep the CLI to “ON” I can launch through Rocketlauncher/RetroArch but not standalone RetroArch.

So i’m keeping this ON i guess. It’s a pretty unique situation, i never had a system act this way with the MAME core but then again this is the only CD based system i run with it.

1 Like

I have recently discovered that the current core is more fussy than previous versions, about where you put your CD images. They need to be in a subfolder of the ROM name in the hash.xml. Previous versions this was optional and just required they be present in the ROM folder.

I assume you are using the standard machine name for your ROM folder. (And placing the required MAME bios inside it.)

It is possible that moving things around will negate the need for the CLI setting. (If it bothers you.)