Saturn, Dreamcast and Gamecube don't work (Errors inside)

I almost finished setting up my Retroarch with all games and playlists. There are just three systems left that give me errors which I don’t know how to handle:

Gamecube (Dolphin): Windows error message pops up: “Trying to access Windows-1252 fonts but they are not loaded. Games may not show fonts correctly, or crash.” After that the game seems to load, at least I hear sound but the screen remains black. When I try to access the menu most the the screen stays black, I can only see the bottom left corner.

Saturn (Mednafen-Saturn): “Failed to load content.” I end up back in the Retroarch UI. My games are in bin/cue format.

Dreamcast (Reicast): Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library error pops up: “This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application’s support team for more information.” After that Retroarch completely crashes. I have these Visual C++ applications installed: 2005, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2015. Most of them game with games from GOG.

I would really appreciate a couple of hints how to get these cores working.

dolphin-libretro: you need to enable settings > core > hw shared context

saturn: possibly a BIOS issue. load the core but no content and go to information > core information and see if it’s finding your BIOS files okay. If that looks good, we’ll need a log to know more.

reicast: could be a lot of things, possibly BIOS. We’d need a log to know more.

Thank you once more for your help!

The problem with Saturn and Dreamcast were indeed due to missing bios files. This never happened to me before.

Dreamcast games are hit or miss, though. Some run great, others crash at some point, Code Veronica for example crashes immediatly and Shenmue 2 crashes with the same error as before when I try to start a new game from the main menu. Is this due to the early development stage of the core?

I cannot find the option for hw shared context in Dolphin. I loaded the core and looked everywhere. There doesn’t seem to be a core settings menu. There is a cfg file for that but I don’t know the line I would have to add.

You probably have to go to settings > user interface > show advanced settings ON.

And yeah, the Reicast problems are mostly related to it just being incomplete.

Yes, that did it. The game runs now, the font error is still there, though. Is there a way to get rid of it?

In retroarch version 1.6.7 don’t appear updates for dolphin core and the one I have causes the program to close with runtime error