[Scummvm] Can't load .scummvm file

I created comi.scummvm: C:\roms\Scummvm\comi\COMI.LA0

When I launch: retroarch.exe -L cores\scummvm_libretro.dll "comi.scummvm"

The result is: scummvm: Unrecognized game target 'C:\roms\Scummvm\comi\COMI.LA0'

Why?

Please follow this documentation, you should add the game id in .scummvm file.

Error running game: Game data not found

If i launch: retroarch.exe -L cores\scummvm_libretro.dll C:\roms\Scummvm\comi\COMI.LA0 it works

The game id for The Curse of Monkey Island is comi so you should have it in your scummvm file but indeed the launching with the game id folder is still working for the command line.

So this example in the documentation is like a mini tutorial to make scummvm work? I have this system on my bucket list to configure but I still haven’t figure it i=out how to do it. Maybe this is my answer.

Actually, the documentation is a bit confusing in this regard of ids and whatnot. Not every version if in that compatibility list. Just make sure to use the same ID as the one ScummVM shows for the game when you add it, forget about the list (although keep it in mind for actual compatibility purposes. Here’s an example:

[simon1-cd-win]
description=Simon the Sorcerer 1 (CD/Windows/English)
extra=CD
gameid=simon1

While the game id would be simon1, the actual id is simon1-cd-win, the suffix was determined by ScummVM since the version I used is not quite exactly the same as the standard version. simon1-cd-win is what is shown in the Add game window, on the ID box. So here I need in the game folder teh file simon1-cd-win.scummvm with the string simon1-cd-win inside.