Sharp X68K - Command line argument?

I have been messing around with the new x68000 core and it works great. My one complaint is that most games require two floppies to be loaded in the disc drive in order to start - one in drive 0 and the other in drive 1.

I was wondering if there is any support yet for mounting roms to the disk drive through command line. I would like to be able specify which disk images go in which drive, and load them both in one command. For frontend tools like launchbox, it would be a lot more convenient to have everything setup with one click, instead of having to go into the in emulator menu to mount that second disk.

Since you mention Launchbox you might want to check out this post of mine over there. There is a couple of bat files that you can use to generate files necessary to load your 2 disk games directly. In the bat files the output file is a .txt but you can either edit the bat file to have it out a .cmd instead or rename the file extension after from .txt to .cmd.

1 Like

Be warned that some games won’t boot up if you insert 2 floppies at once. They expect you to use just the 1st one in the first floppy drive, then the 2nd disk later.

It happened in upstream px68k and even in some other emus, so I can’t say it’s a bug or not for sure.

1 Like

@lordmonkus dude you’re everywhere ha ha.

@Tatsuya79 cool beans, good to know.

I’ll make a feature request for this soon then. Using the MESS core wouldn’t be the worst thing, but I like the standalone 68k core because of the performance is really good and the overclocking features are very nice. At 200mhz it makes using discs feel like flash carts :).

Feature request for what ? i already implement cmd feature like I did with mess in px68k.

1 Like

Hey r-type! Thanks for posting. I wasn’t sure if that functionality existed or not.

Is there any documentation a humble user could look at? If I know the interface, I can take it from there. Thank you!

basically create a txt file with extension “.cmd” like

px68k "/somewhere/akumajou dracula (1993)(konami)(disk 1 of 2).dim"  "/somewhere/akumajou dracula (1993)(konami)(disk 2 of 2).dim"

you can use lordmonkus script to create it ( like explained in his link) just keep in mind Tatsuya79 comment .

1 Like