Simple textured shader for non-backlit LCD systems (GBC etc.)

Sure - here are some quick shots taken with the grid fully black:

(Important note - if you want a dark grid, you will almost certainly have to fiddle about with all the shader parameters mentioned in my first post… the current defaults are for a white grid, and they took a bit of tuning - with a dark grid, you’ll be starting from scratch… also, a mid grey grid will probably look better than full black - I recommend that you experiment!)

Thank you anyway,i gonna give it shot!

Can the brightness be raised to overcome the intense darkening that the grid makes?

Sorry, I was busy yesterday and didn’t see your post…

No, I didn’t include the option to brighten colours - I toyed with it a little, but the results were never satisfactory.

However! You don’t need to make the grid as dark as in the screenshots I posted - here are some more, with different grid intensity/darkness settings:

Note also that much of the ‘darkness’ comes from the background texture being used. If you download one of the zip files in my original post, you will find a number of alternative textures - all of which are lighter than the default (or you can manually increase the brightness of any texture with an image editor).

I would recommend that you just try the shader yourself, and play around with settings/textures! :grin:

2 Likes