[SOLVED] Generic chinese controllers on Lakka? Chinaware Best practice

Did you have try this?

But it really makes no sense. If vid and pid are the same, you need other controllers. So changing the cores is no fun.

You have to adapt to each core the retroarch.cfg and always load manually before playing. Have not tried, and know it only theoretically for Lakka.

Here for example you can order more cheap controllers. Order and hope its not the same vid or pid

Thanks for the answer, we should keep track of controllers with the same vid and pid, though, for the sake of others with the same problem.

Controllers I know confirmed to have the same vid and pid and completely different design:

• Data Frog NES controller.
  • Data Frog SNES controller.
  • Data Frog Genesis controller.

First, it is important to say:

I have two NES, SNES, N64 and PSX controller. All generic chinese controllers except for one N64 controller of the brand Retrolink (For evaluation purposes).

The one PSX controller without DualShock has the same vid and pid as the two SNES controllers.

But because the key assignments of the three controllers are identical and a PSX controller is similar to a SNES controller, I can use them all. I’m doing “bind all” only with the PSX controller and save the CFG file (“save autoconfig”). I do this only with the PSX controller because the PSX controller has the additional keys L2 and R2. When I then connect a SNES controller, the CFG file from the PSX controller is assigned and I can then play SNES games with it. The bound keys R2 and L2 do not care for the SNES core.

If all the keys of your NES controller including B and A match one-to-one to the SNES controller, you can proceed as described.

The one of my N64 controllers has also the same vid and pid as the Retrolink N64 controller.

But there I have the problem that the key assignments of the two controllers are not identical. Here I will have to order another N64 controller, because otherwise it does not really work.

I know these Data Frog Controllers and have intentionally ordered none because they are the same as the others. The silly frog logo simply makes them unnecessarily more expensive. The seller is a parasite in my eyes. Now you have the problem with the same vid’s and pid’s. Isn’t that great?

Except what I wrote. Otherwise it makes no sense in my opinion.

Unfortunately, the data frog Nes and Snes controllers have different button numbers assigned to the A and B buttons, making them uncompatible with autoconfig.

Hi, I’m new to Lakka.

I’ve been trying to map my Bluetooth T3 gamepad, but didn’t succeed. Even though the Bluetooth connection is established and succeeded the jstest, the “Bind all” option in Lakka menu isn’t working at all.

Can anyone help me with this?

@alealv: It should work as we added configuration file for this controller. Is it possible to provide dmesg output ? Thank you.

Here is the post https://pastebin.com/bXWTiMSR. Another thing is that I must also execute bluetoothctl and connect my Gamepad every time.

Can you check if it is working with linuxraw or hid driver in Setting tab > Driver > Joypad driver ?

Hi gouchi, udev was selected. I tried with de linuxraw and hid but it didn’t work.

It seems the udev rule is not applied. Can you try to get the ouput of udevadm --info xxxx ?

Also before connecting your controller check the output of udevadm monitor to see if the udev rule is applied.

Thank you.

Here is the output https://pastebin.com/v8eALkYL I couldn’t realize if the udev rule was applied. Can you explain me the process a lit bit?

Thank you, sorry is it possible to have also the ouput of cat /proc/bus/input/devices I forgot to ask you.

And it seems I made a mistake, it is udevadm test with the path you get from udevadm monitor.

Thank you.

Here are the outputs https://pastebin.com/LGj85c0M

It seems that the SYSTEM key isn’t valid, is it SUBSYSTEM?

Good catch I have submitted a fix so that it will be updated for the next release thank you.

Can you try to copy the file from /usr/lib/udev/rules.d/99-terios-t3.rules to /storage/.config/udev.rules.d/ and modify it ?

Great, now it’s working great! I swear that I’ve already tried this!, but maybe I made a mistake. Thanks!

Now, the other bothering issue is that every time I want to connect the gamepad, I must enter to de bluetoothhctl and execute the connect command. Why is that? The Gamepad is already set as trusted device.

No problem you welcome, glad it works.

I don’t know why exactly but you may add it to autostart.sh.

1 Like

Hi again! So the https://pastebin.com/6Stf9G1R didn’t work. But no big deal for the moment.

However, I bought a new controller, an imitation of a Doubleshock PS 3 controller and it’s not working! I’ve tried also with an original PlayStation 3 controller and I’m having the same issue.

When I plug it with the USB cable, it recognizes it but the menu gets scrolled like crazy! Then at some point, it stops and the controller doesn’t respond. Here is the dmesg and udev outpus.

I think there is no udev rule associated with the PS3 controller. I also tried connecting through bluetooth (this is my only true goal) but it doesn’t even map it to as an input in /dev/input

The autopairing will only work with genuine dualshock 3.

if you did an upgrade try to reset your configuration file. Did you try to press PS button when the menu is scrolling ?

Sorry I didn’t answer before. I will try autopairing with the original PS3 controller. Regarding the PS button, the answer is no. I think I didn’t try that. But I’ll do it as soon as I get home.

Thanks!

Sorry to hijack the thread, but I am not yet allowed to post new topics.

Does anyone know if Lakka is compatible with the Betop BTP-C3K 2.4GHz Wireless Controller?