(Solved) [tvOS] 1.8.8 crashing

Nice, yah getting the most up to date cores and finding out why some cores aren’t on or working correctly/effectively in iOS and the people working to fix that, is half the fun of it for me. Keep posting and I’ll keep testing hah

1 Like

@Weedy_Weed_Smoker should i post here about provenance?

Yeah! Of course…

BTW the buildbot for tvOS has just been updated! :wink:

1 Like

Nice! New cores! Speaking of… noticed that the cores url is set to ios not tvos. I changed it manually but yah. We could just put your buildbot in i guess too right?

As for provenance, first thing is the ui is a bit off in the library page. Some buttons are hard to get too. Cant get to the dropdown menu or the hamburger menu. Tried out mario golf 64 doesnt run very well compared to on ios provenance and some minor graphic glitches i dont notice there either. Also cant change any of the core options

Ok, for RetroArch, that means either it couldn’t escape the sandbox, or it stores its files in a different location than on iOS…

What is the path for the config folder? (You can check it in the Directory settings of RetroArch…)

1 Like

/private/var/mobile/Library/Caches/RetroArch/config

Did you copy your config from an iOS device?

1 Like

No havent copied anything over

Maybe the assets url is wrong too?

I will update RetroArchTV soon with the assets and stuff in the correct location…

1 Like

Cool no rush! The thing that needs to come back though are overlays lol. I used them on a couple things. They were taken away for tvos 1.8.8 for some reason

I could bring them back, but I had to use YoshiSuga’s version as my AppleTV certificate expired, and I got it from a random store with an AppleTV on display… I will try to get another soon, my code includes the correct buildbot too!

1 Like

@Weedy_Weed_Smoker yah i guess changing the url broke the core downloader.

Cool yah def no rush on the overlay thing. Prob least important lol. So for now stick with the ios core url? Because putting in your buildbot wont work right? And i believe most ios cores work on tvos

Scratch that none of the downloaded cores with the ios url work. But i put in your buildbot and that is working

Ok, it’s updated!

Would you mind deleting all RetroArch related files with my cleaner just to try it?

1. Uninstall RetroArch first
  2. Install my cleaner
  3. Uninstall my cleaner
  4. Reinstall RetroArch

(That way you can tell me if the experience is good from scratch…) :wink:

1 Like

Installing now. Working so far. Though cant really tell if the tvcleaner did anything

If the buildbot is properly configured, then it did its job… :smile:

Oh, and the assets and stuff…

1 Like

So itssupposed to be set to your buildbot? Thats what im seeing

Great! And are there ROMs in the Start Directory ?

1 Like