New sonkun crt guest advanced presets thread

i’ll be waiting for it till the very end

1 Like

Hi sonkun, take your time, there is no need to hurry. I’m waiting for the update too and test them sometimes even if I don’t respond here. :slight_smile: Curious to the new changes.

2 Likes

Just wanted let you know, that someone has added information about your Shader package and the other well known from this forum into the Emulation General Wiki. I noticed this, because they also linked the article I wrote. But not sure it that’s a good idea, as your Shaders changed a lot. Maybe its time for me to do some more work… got lazy recently. However, I thought you might be interested:

https://emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Shader_Presets#Sonkun.E2.80.99s_crt-guest-advanced-hd_presets

5 Likes

Hey man, i hope you’re doing good, i just wanna tell you that thanks for everything, and i had just convinced two of my friends with different res screens and setups to use your cool presets using all masks between consoles, they choose your presets over the other options i had for them, i hope you have a good day

2 Likes

Oh wow this is nice, I guess my presets are really out there in the wild now. I’m about to upload my newest shader pack soon and get rid of the current one and I see it’s gotten over 1000 downloads on my MediaFire account so it’s definitely been making its rounds.

Time for you to stop being lazy lol. Yeah things changed a bit since you wrote that article, it’s still a nice read and it’s still a good introduction to my presets and for that I’m forever thankful.

Hey there it’s been a while and I’m back now with good news too, the new pack is done and I’m getting ready to upload it soon so I hope you tell your friends to try out my latest pack. I think it looks better than the current one but I’ll let you guys decide that. Look forward to it.

3 Likes

New Version Release (05-03-2023)

Changes Made

• Uses guest.r’s latest shader update version (2023-07-11-r1)

• Tweaked Contrast, gamma and brightness settings in the Grade shader for all presets. In the previous pack the contrast was too much, I lowered it down for this release but still kept the overall image colorful vivid and bright.

• Small tweaks to the glow and deconvergence settings.

Grab the lateset pack in the first post.

Hope you guys like the new look.

4 Likes

This is super exciting to wake up to :heart_eyes:

Thanks a ton Sonkun!

I just recently finished Metal Gear Solid using Cyber’s presets and was going to finish Advance Wars but held off waiting to use your newest presets, I like to alternate and sometimes you’d want to change using a Bugatti and cruise with your Lamborghini Urus, two cars I’ll never have but you just know they’re at the peak of engineering quality if it makes sense :sob: :skull:

Thanks for your continuous hard work and contributions!

1 Like

Now that’s a compliment if I ever read one, man I appreciate those kind words, thank you and you’re also welcome. I’m curious to see what you think of the new look. Compared to the previous pack I saw that I had that contrast up through the roof lol.

1 Like

who has the version of guest.r (2023-04-06-r1) I can’t find it anywhere?

2 Likes

I got it linked right in my first post. You may be ok with the latest guest shader update out now, I haven’t tried it our yet myself so I don’t know of what changes it will cause to my preset pack since my latest update is still based on his previous update. Probably won’t effect anything at all really.

1 Like

I test them on Cadillacs and Dinosaurs on MAME we feel a very slight difference in the contrast, gamma and brightness but it’s really minimal for the moment I have only tested the preset 24 in rgb I will test a little on all the games this weekend

2 Likes

I should have posted some comparison shots. Truth is I actually left the contrast the same as the previous update, the setting that I tweaked was the “contrast pivot” setting right under contrast. That setting helped make a huge difference along with tweaking the gamma settings within the Grade shader settings. Definitely do a few more tests when you can.

1 Like

OLD version

New Version

3 Likes

your work is very clean it’s a pleasure for the eyes then it varies well between different screens on my oled it is just sublime on a TN panel is another VA they are also incredible

2 Likes

I don’t know what dark magic you did but the new update seems so clean and so good, i don’t know what’s happening but i think the shadow mask looks somehow better than before, nice job

5 Likes

Oh yeah I see that difference even on interlaced content. That was my aim right there, to still keep the image bright and vivid but lower the effects of the contrast a bit. It was a bit too much but now I think the image looks more “balanced” color wise.

I just did a little razzle dazzle here and there lol. Thank you man I appreciate it. Thing is even though I just posted this update up my job still might not be over. Both guest and dogway just upgraded their shaders and I pretty much use both of them so I’ll be playing around with them when I get some time later. In the meantime I’ll let this current preset update pack make its rounds a bit.

4 Likes

Great work here matey :beers::beers::beers:

2 Likes

Thank you I appreciate it. This should hold over for a bit.

2 Likes

Man each day I get more enthusiastic for crt and your presets, maybe one day of these I’ll begin a research of crt and it’s history to make a video of both crt and your presets, but it will be in Spanish to bring it up for the crt Spanish fans, and also It Will be my first video

2 Likes

That would be awesome if you did that and if you do please share a link here. The more people it reaches the better so everyone can enjoy.

By the way everyone I tested out guest.r’s latest shader update and using it didn’t change anything with my presets even with the new sharpness setting, at least from what I can see. So I updated my above post to link to the latest guest shader update.

2 Likes