New sonkun crt guest advanced presets thread

this image is the work i am currently

4 Likes

Hi thank you so much I will try your preset after work. Thanks again for sharing Regards

1 Like

I think the white is a little blown out, but I can’t confirm because that could be the monitor I use for work. When I get home, I’ll take a closer look with my 4K monitor.

1 Like

thank you it will help me to improve the shader

1 Like

02 01

I could be wrong, but there are differences in white highlighting!

1 Like

I return once again bearing gifts. Yo guys, been a little busy, keep getting sidetracked and pulled away from the lab by life I guess but I still tweak when I can and this is where we are now. Finally got around to getting some aperture grille and shadow mask presets going. Let’s get right to it:

Aperture Grille:

Normal:

Warm:

Cool:

Slot Mask:

Normal:

Warm:

Cool:

Shadow Mask:

Normal:

Warm:

Cool:

For Shadow Mask I lowered the mask zoom down to -2.00, main reason was because leaving it at default 0 the the overall image and colors shifts after raising the mask size setting to 2 which is what’s need to create the Shadow mask look. My aim is to have all 3 masks look somewhat the same in overall image and colors and Shadow Mask is the only one out of the 3 where I had to do extra tweaking to “match” the other 2 masks in those areas just mentioned.

I also smoothed the image out a bit more so now it’s not as saw tooth sharp.

@bactino man you’ve been killing it with those posts up above. You’ve created something amazing and I hope you’re still tweaking.

Sample pack download:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/u7jf9c873saqvg6/sonkun-guest-advanced-new-grade-rgb-samples-9-11-2023.zip/file

This pack works strictly with guest.r’s latest shader update so please grab that first before trying out the samples.

Place presets directly into your “shaders” folder.

Also @guest.r, would it be possible to update the new updated grade shader into yours? I see dogway has done another recent update to it tweaking some things.

5 Likes

I just tested very good job

yes I’m still fine-tuning when I have time on weekends :grin:

1 Like

Very, very nice, congrats.

I also appreciate how the slotmask looks cleaner then your previous presets.

1 Like

Thank you I appreciate it man. The most challenging part (kind of still is) was trying to get the Shadow Mask presets to match the other 2 presets in overall appearance, I may tweak it a bit more or just leave it as is. I planned on taking my time putting this next pack together but I may have to speed things up a bit before I end up getting pulled away again from the lab since things seem to keep popping up on me lately. If the next release isn’t another sample I’ll try to just release the whole thing the next time I post anything up.

@bactino Thank you. And yes keep on tweaking, you got something nice going on right there.

3 Likes

Got ntsc composite presets done. @guest.r man I wish I knew about that new “ntsc chroma scaling/bleeding” setting sooner, that setting alone is a game changer for me. At default values colors look washed out but cranked up it brings the punch back into colors for both 2phase and 3phase.

2phase chroma scaling at default:

Chroma scaling maxed out:

Same for 3phase:

Ended up switching back to using guest advanced ntsc for my composite presets so that’s something that will be in my next release.

Try out the sample pack below:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/eu610d4pmd490q7/sonkun-guest-advanced-new-grade-ntsc-composite-samples-9-15-2023.zip/file

Place presets directly into your “shaders” folder.

6 Likes

i’m pretty looking forward onto this

1 Like

Yeah me too. Everything is turning out good. Putting together svideo presets now.

Edit: I just put up a sample pack in the post above to try out the composite presets.

I’m thinking of a new name to give my presets as well so excuse the naming scheme. That may change as im nearing completion.

3 Likes

i’ll check it out soon

1 Like

the presets without a folder are in shaders_slang

1 Like

I’m assuming you figured it out since you just deleted your post. But yeah going off of your picture it looks like you tried to prepend it, as a test I also tried that and it failed as well. Gotta load them up instead.

hmm nop, i didn’t prepend it

ok is only over at shaders folder not shaders_slang

1 Like

Good catch, I realize I been saying that this whole time. Yes it’s suppose to be just the shaders folder. I’m so use to saying “shaders_slang” cause that’s always where the sonkun folder goes. Sorry sorry lol and thanks for that

1 Like

had you disabled interlace interpolation mode for this test presets?

Not at all, I left it on mode 4. I did lower the interlacing scanline effect though.