Sooo laggy

Background: Running arch linux, lutris, with libretro. core i7 8550U w/ geforce MX150 16GB RAM.

Libretro worked fine until yesterday when it started being ultra laggy. Tried numerous cores for SNES and Genesis and they are all laggy with stuttering audio…completely unplayable. Trying various setting related to audio sync, vsync, etc. Tried running my geforce MX150 instead of the integrated intel and that didn’t help at all.

If you hit spacebar, does it speed up?

Is the “laggy” speed consistent? E.g., 30 fps instead of 60?

Space bar does not help

Disabling audio doesn’t help

If spacebar doesn’t speed it up, it normally indicates that your PC just can’t get it any faster, but since you have a high-end CPU, it probably means the bottleneck is outside of RetroArch. That is, you probably have something in your OS’ power consumption settings or GPU control panel that’s forcing some external sync that interferes with RetroArch’s own sync or is not allowing your CPU to run at full speed.

I’ve check my system monitor. Never used more than 8GB of RAM and no single CPU core goes above 50% max clock rate. Regular SNES9X runs fine. But the SNES 9X core for retroarch is unplayable. I might try uninstalling and reinstalling libretro.

Uninstalled, reinstalled…works fine. Beats me. Strange world.

Weird. Whatever, though! I’m glad you got it going :slight_smile: