SOQUEROEU – Mega Bezel TV Backgrounds

I just quickly tried it with Super Mario Bros (NES) and Super Metroid (SNES), it’s interesting but the picture is a little too bright and blurry (especially in Super Metroid), the effect is pretty strong, maybe too much for my taste. Colors seem a little washed out too.

1 Like

The thing is, I don’t really use the Composite presets, since in France we grew up with SCART RGB connections, so I’m used to crisp picture quality I guess (but with 50Hz TV, so it was not that good). :slight_smile:

1 Like

That sounds like you could probably lower the post_br even more. Actually this preset is meant for the latest Alpha version of HSM Mega Bezel Reflection Shader and newer internal CRT-Guest-Advanced.

You might have to hold on a little for the next public release of the shader before you can use it correctly. My apologies if there’s any disappointment.

You should be able to achieve decent results through some manual tweaking of the settings if you’re feeling experimental.

Make sure your HSM Mega Bezel Reflection Shader is up to date though.

Yes, I can vaguely remember you told me that. In that case you can set the Horizontal Sharpness and Subtractive Sharpness to 15 and 1.5 respectively and maybe Halation to 0 and carefully adjust Bloom to a lower setting as desired. I said carefully because it might interfere with the colours as you lower it. You might also want to set Deconvergence to Off and even disable GDV Noise.

If brightness is set correctly and colours are still washed out, you can increase the saturation.

Voila, you’ve now taken my preset and made it totally into something else!

1 Like

Thank you very much for your advice :slight_smile: I tried your settings and I changed the mask type from 6 to 7 and I’m pretty happy with the results, here is a Mr Nutz screenshot:

https://imgur.com/a/7SYe2l7

1 Like

Wish I could just reply Awesomeness!!!

I’m glad they worked for you. You can probably post your final settings and we can use this as an RGB variant for Soqueroeu-TV Backgrounds! I doubt @soqueroeu would mind. Feel free to post them in my thread as well!

Gotta start preserving awesome presets like these!

2 Likes

Here is my version of the preset:

#reference "Mega_Bezel_Community/Soqueroeu-TV-Backgrounds_V2.0-main/presets/TV-Console/Nintendo_NES.slangp"

scangammaoffset = "2.500000"

g_hue_degrees = "-10.000000"
wp_temperature = "6300.000000"

GDV_DECONVERGENCE_ON = "0.000000"

g_sat = "0.020000"

post_br = "100.0000"

h_sharp = "15.000000"
s_sharp = "1.500000"

GAMMA_INPUT = "2.400000"
gamma_out = "2.400000"

bloom = "0.100000"
halation = "0.000000"

scan_falloff = "0.250000"

g_crtgamut = "1.000000"

scans = "0.000000"
GDV_NOISE_ON = "0.000000"

glow = "0.000000"

masksize = "2.000000"

gsl = "2.000000"
scanline1 = "9.000000"
scanline2 = "9.000000"
beam_min = "1.350000"
beam_max = "1.300000"

shadowMask = "7.000000"
maskstr = "1.000000"

addnoised = "0.180000"
noiseresd = "1.000000"

HSM_NON_INTEGER_SCALE = "61.570278"
HSM_CURVATURE_2D_SCALE_LONG_AXIS = "10.000000"
HSM_CURVATURE_2D_SCALE_SHORT_AXIS = "5.000000"
HSM_BZL_USE_INDEPENDENT_SCALE = "1.000000"
HSM_BZL_INDEPENDENT_SCALE = "60.570343"
HSM_BZL_USE_INDEPENDENT_CURVATURE = "1.000000"

I did not include my curvature settings though, in order to stay close to the original preset. But I can if you want.

1 Like

You can feel free to include them below in a separate group. Some might like them. I’m new to curvature so maybe I might try your settings someday and learn something?

Here it is:

HSM_CURVATURE_MODE = "0.000000"
HSM_BZL_INDEPENDENT_CURVATURE_SCALE_LONG_AXIS = "0.000000"
HSM_BZL_INDEPENDENT_CURVATURE_SCALE_SHORT_AXIS = "0.000000"

Again, I don’t really like curvature, I’m used to flat CRT TVs. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nothing is wrong with that at all! As you can see, my curvature settings are very subtle. I can hardly even notice that it’s curved. Anything too much and it gives me a headache.

By using bezel independent curvature I left the bezel curvature intact while using much lower values for the curvature of the screen.

1 Like

@soqueroeu There is a “spelling” error with NEC_PCEngine-CD-[FLAT] LEDImage. It’s spelled LED but supposed to be Led.

2 Likes

@hgoda90, could you please show me exactly what you saw? I looked here and didn’t find it. :thinking:

1 Like

NEC_PCEngine-CD LED

Edit: Sorry I meant the non-Flat version, NEC_PCEngine-CD

3 Likes

Thank you for having eagle eyes. :smile:

I updated the repo with the change.

3 Likes

I don’t exactly have Eagle Eyes. I am just trying to go through all of the presets and finding the settings needed to crop the TVs. I wanted to use them and I have a 24" monitor, so they where a little smaller than I liked. The idea of “cropping” them came to me, so I have been changing the settings for a little while.

2 Likes

Found the same error with SuperGameboy that PCEngine-CD had with LED.

1 Like

Good! Thanks again. It’s fixed right now!

1 Like

I was able to finish the cropping of the TV Backgrounds.

1 Like

Anyone happen to have this happen when loading one of the presets? This was the NEC_TurboGrafx16-[FLAT].slangp preset. I didn’t mess with anything yet to try and pinpoint.

1 Like

Mine looks fine, but I am thinking it might be the new update for HSM. I haven’t updated mine yet. I will update and check again real quick.

2 Likes

Yeah it was the update.

Just change Post CRT Brightness to 1.20, since Brightness 100 is now 1.

2 Likes