SOQUEROEU – Mega Bezel TV Backgrounds

Hi All, I’ve been doing my first tests with CyberLab presets and my backgrounds.

Here we have CyberLab__RGB-Sharp__1080p__PVM-Edition__ADV

I am very happy with the result. Congratulations to our friend @Cyber for his excellent work with the shader preset?

4 Likes

Thank you very much @soqueroeu! I appreciate the appreciation! Our works seem to complement each other very well!

1 Like

@soqueroeu your updated presets are in your V2 repo, right ? Maybe you should update the FP because it still links to the original repo.

2 Likes

That happened to me too early this morning.

1 Like

Thanks for reporting guys!

I’m fixing it now.

3 Likes

Have you seen these videos of your TV-Backgrounds in action @soqueroeu?

CyberLab Mega Bezel Death To Pixels Shader Preset Pack

1 Like

So nice! i liked so much. It’s getting better and better. Look:

2 Likes

Glad you enjoyed them! There’s 1 more to be added in this set.

What’s this you’re trying to show me? is this one of @Duimon’s backgrounds? Also, what preset it that in there? Everything looks good though!

1 Like

Yeah. It is his Arcade [CABINET] preset.

2 Likes

@Soqueroeu if you don’t mind I am renaming all your files for the cropped settings. I also placed the backgrounds in a Flat and Curved folder so that the [FLAT] can be removed from the title.

1 Like

Yes, it’s one of @Duimon backgrounds. In the preset, I made small adjustments and I thought it gave a slight improvement to the GDV. Here what was added:

GDV_DECONVERGENCE_ON = "1.000000"
GDV_NOISE_ON = "1.000000"
addnoised = "0.120000"
dctypex = "0.050000"
dctypey = "0.050000"
shadowMask = "5.000000"
2 Likes

Well, before releasing the presets, I thought… Having multiple folders improves organization, but it gets a bit tedious when navigating the menus. So I prefer to put all the presets in the same place

Initially, I even thought of putting the term “FLAT” and “CURVE” in front of the preset name. Then I thought it wouldn’t help much. So I figured leaving the manufacturer + system based navigation might make the process easier. :wink:

Well, feel free to make this change, but in future updates you will always have to make this change on your device.

1 Like

If you’re talking about when you update the TV Backgrounds, I won’t have to change anything specific. I only would have to change the files if you change the names your files. I set it up so that the preset files I have created have the changes and point straight to your and Duimon’s files so they can be updated individually without me having to change anything.

1 Like

Rest assured, any update will follow the pattern I’ve been using.

3 Likes

Hi all!

In case you missed the theme conversation, for those who want to increase the viewing area in my presets+backgrounds, it is possible with just one adjustment, in this parameter:

Additionally, you may want to adjust the height, as I did in the image below. See now the edges of the TV reach the end above and below:

Before:

After:

This is more of the possibilities of the best shader pack in the world, the MegaBezel!

6 Likes

I was able to accomplish the same thing with more setting changes. Changing [CRT Screen Scaling] Non-Integer Scale %, [Position Offset] Position Y, and [Background Layer] Scale and Position Y.

5 Likes

Ideally, you would want the background to inherit the tube scale, and be resized to fill the screen.

Then all it would take is non-integer scale % and Y position.

Maybe in v3.0. :wink:

Other options would be to separate the background from the monitor and drop shadow so it could do the auto wide screen thing. This isn’t as straight forward for this kind of design as you might think.

To be completely honest… my standalone PVMs are set up the same way as what @soqueroeu has done.

3 Likes

When it comes to customization, it is harder when everything is set to only one layer.

@Duimon, easier said than done.

Edit: With some more practice I was able to get it a lot easier :grin:. The only thing that needed to change is the [Background Layer], everything else was left at default.

[Background Layer]
    Inherit Scale: 1
    Scale: 138.80
    Position Y: -13.07

Cropped
-------
[CRT Screen Scaling]
    Non-Integer Scale %: 66.77

[Position Offset]
    Position Y: 59

1 Like

Now you see why neither @soqueroeu nor I have done this with these presets. :grin:

Every one of my presets that has a Device layer require this for at least one image layer. The rest can inherit that layer’s scale.

2 Likes