Stella won't provide integer scaling

I play on a VGA CRt monitor set to 240p so when games don’t have vertical integer scrolling they look absolutely abhorent. And for some reason Stella refuses to do integer scaling. I’ve tried literally every option.

Supposedly it might have to do with how the VCS draws its image, but like. Is there really just not a solution to make Atari games look right without warping pixels?

Hm, seems to be working here:

integer:

vs non:

You won’t be able to tell that there are doubled pixels on a phone screen. Toggling integer scalling on and off gives you a different image, but neither is correct.

These are my video settings. In Ozone on a different monitor because RGUI refuses to display the scaling options screen (??? it’s bugged) and ozone doesn’t look coherent in 2560x240

VID-20261004-WA0004

This is the best I could capture with my phone camera. Notice how the submarine warps as it moves up and down. You can clearly see I landed on a spot in which the window is bigger than it should the second time I went down. That is not intended behaviour and this is not integer scaling.

I’m not on a phone, I’ve just been working on the Atari input overlay, coincidentally.

Do any other cores act any differently? E.g., stella2014 or TIA?

I managed to make integer scaling kick in by repeatedly turning integer scaling on and off in the menus.

It was just Retroarch being buggy… Ever since I got a CRT monitor, RA has been a travesty. Video settings just don’t do what they’re supposed to, period. It’s such a pain in the ass.

But the epitome of this is rgui banishing me from the scaling options.

It’s making me want to save up for a mister…

I’ve deleted my entire CFG and started over for a 3rd time. Let’s see how long until it kills itself again and I have to start over a 4th time.