Super Famicom - Animated Border

UPDATE 1.1

Fixed flashing non animated elements when clicked/touched.

• 1920X1080 Base resolution (should be compatible with wider displays. as elements arranges to the left and right independently of the resolution. (set AUTO SCALE OVERLAY to ON).
  • Animated Controller buttons .
  • Selectable in-screen bezel.
  • American/International logos and fonts (selectable clicking the SNES logo). (only for the nintendo logos version)
  • Dark Theme.

– DOWNLOAD –

WITH NINTENDO LOGOS

WITH RETROARCH LOGOS

– CONFIGURATION TIPS –

RETROARCH VIDEO DRIVER:

Use Vulkan or any Open GL driver (Direct X drivers are buggy with animated overlays)

VIDEO SCALING:

• Set the screen scaling to 4:3 in a 16.9 display to get a fullscreen perfect overlay fit. Otherwise set the video scaling manually to fit your device display.
  • Integer Scale set to OFF

OVERLAY SETTINGS:

• Set the “AUTO SCALE OVERLAY” option to ON in non wide displays. (square displays like crt tv’s, vga monitors, lcd panels, etc.) Otherwise you’ll get displaced controls.
  • Set Overlay Opacity to 1.0
  • Set Show Inputs from Port to: 1

MEGA BEZEL PRESET

DOWNLOAD

Put it in the main shaders folder, then load the preset from as usual. (remember to switch off the overlay bezel) THANKS FOR THE ASSISTANCE! @HyperspaceMadness

00 1 2 3
16 Likes

Ah, these look great. SNES/SFC is/was my favorite console :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Enjoy! could you upload the “sanitized” version to the repo if you like?, thanks!

2 Likes

These are so nice @fercho! :star_struck:

Thanks for making a dark version as well! I always enjoy a dark theme :heart_eyes:

It’s also really cool that you can switch the color theme by hitting a button on the overlay! :exploding_head:

4 Likes

Thanks ! Btw. I’ve finally learned to configure the mega bezel. Playing with the parameters On the fly. I took note of the options modified. Exported to a file. But i dont know if thats the way to share/export the settings. (Check the last half of the yt video for a sample. Looks awesome !)

1 Like

Hey there, yeah that will work perfectly well, but you can also do it in the UI which may be easier.

To do this you load a Mega Bezel base preset, then make the parameter changes you want, then go to the shaders save page. Make sure the Simple Presets option is on, then save a preset. The preset which is saved will have a reference to the preset, and the parameters you have changed. Since you are using this with your killer overlay you can probably set the images for the BG and frame to the pass through images to have less ram usage and possibly faster load time, just add the below to your preset file:

BackgroundImage = ../../shaders/textures/Placeholder_Transparent_16x16.png
BackgroundVertImage = ../../shaders/textures/Placeholder_Transparent_16x16.png
NightLightingImage = ../../shaders/textures/Placeholder_Transparent_16x16.png
NightLighting2Image = ../../shaders/textures/Placeholder_Transparent_16x16.png
FrameTextureImage = ../../shaders/textures/Placeholder_Transparent_16x16.png

When the Mega Bezel finds an image less than 20px it skips doing anything with it.

Ah, I didn’t see to the end of your video the first time, the mega bezel and your overlay look really nice together!

3 Likes

awesome …you just made my dream handheld snes xD

2 Likes

These are interesting and really cool!

1 Like

Is there a way to make the theme/logo not to switch to default when exiting fullscreen?

Sorry. RA always rerurn to the first overlay when switching from fullscreen. Or even reopening a game.

1 Like

I see there is a way to use a dark version of the overlay, but… how do I “select” it? because I always see the default grey/light overlay… I rather dark colors over light colors.

PD: It looks great. Great job.

1 Like

you’ve got to mouse click the “theme” button that is under the dpad. thank you!

Ohhh, I’m not using a mouse or a tactil screen on that PC, just controllers (some kind of console style PC, with remaped buttons for closing emulators and a menu for opening the games with a configured emulator or PC game with controller support).

I conected a mouse to change it, but when I close and relaunch, it goes to the default “setup”…

Finally (conecting a mouse and a keyboard for configuring it) I copied the directory with another name “Super_Famicom_Animated_Border-Dark”… and I edited the “.cfg” file inside the new directory (I called it Super_Famicom_Animated_Border-Dark too)… and I put the first black option lines as the defult ones in that file.

I mean I changed all the “overlay5_‘whaever’ text lines” (the DARK option was the 5th one), to overlay0_'whatever".

And I changed all the “overlay0_‘whatever’ lines”, to “overlay5_blahblah” in the new cfg file / directory (moving the “default” light theme to the 5th position).

Now I have 2 directories and 2 “.cfg” files, so I can see now the “Super_Famicom_Animated_Border” and the Super_Famicom_Animated_Border-Dark" options in RetroArch.

If I select the second one for a game and save the config, it will always start with the dark theme, and the light one

PD: I think it would work with only different “.cfg” files inside the same directory using the “same resources”, instead of having them doubled, I guess.

EDIT: In fact, it worked just creating a second config file (.cfg) inside the same directory

Anyway it is using the same images for “creating the background”… if you wanna use the Retroarch logo version (or the SNES or SuperFamicom logo versions), I’m not sure, maybe you need another directory, I don’t know, but it is fine for me baing able to launch some games with the light background and other ones with the dark one by default.

I guess it can be changed just editing the cfg file (or creating a new one), but what is done is enough for me.

1 Like