Taig 8.3

Just wanted to let everyone know that the retro arch nightly works with the taig 8.3 jailbreak. It fixes the pcsx rearmed core too! Which means final fantasy ix for all those that were asking about it. Retro arch itself is still a little buggy but playable. Seems like the configure saves don’t stay they change back some random glitches as far as trying to hit the save state and it resets the game.

But all in all works pretty good

[QUOTE=GutlessGnat;24047]Just wanted to let everyone know that the retro arch nightly works with the taig 8.3 jailbreak. It fixes the pcsx rearmed core too! Which means final fantasy ix for all those that were asking about it. Retro arch itself is still a little buggy but playable. Seems like the configure saves don’t stay they change back some random glitches as far as trying to hit the save state and it resets the game.

But all in all works pretty good[/QUOTE] what device do you use? i tried to install the latest nightly (05-16 i believe) on my ipod 5g and it crash hard. stabe 1.0.0.2 still work though edit: and how exactly did you install the nightly?

@GutlessGnat That’s good news! Have you tried mupen64plus’ dynarec? What about PPSSPP?

[QUOTE=hunterk;24070]@GutlessGnat That’s good news! Have you tried mupen64plus’ dynarec? What about PPSSPP?[/QUOTE] i had ppsspp dev-working up and running just fine with btstack and controller for all as well i only have problem with RA nightly though

Is the preferred way to install the nightly still to install standard RA through Cydia and then copy the nightly contents into the RA application folder?

I installed the version from big boss repo and then copied the nightly over into the folder with winscp. I have not tested anything besides pcsx rearmed just yet.

The nightly itself is a little bit of a pain the change the overlays around back and fourth. It doesnt like to save per core.

Im using an iphone 6 plus. I think a lot of the issues were with the pangu jailbreak. It was garbage.

Mupen64plus is running nice and smooth.

[QUOTE=GutlessGnat;24085]I installed the version from big boss repo and then copied the nightly over into the folder with winscp. I have not tested anything besides pcsx rearmed just yet.

The nightly itself is a little bit of a pain the change the overlays around back and fourth. It doesnt like to save per core.

Im using an iphone 6 plus. I think a lot of the issues were with the pangu jailbreak. It was garbage.[/QUOTE] i tried to install it that way, but after 2 times, my ipod freeze at the apple logo, and i have to restored twice :"(

Is your ipod jailbroken i assume? Which version?

Desm ds emulator is kinda… Meh on some games. Very laggy on golden sun dark dawn

I did the same thing, installed 1.0.0.1 from cydia, and then overwrote the contents with the latest nightly build. But there are no cores now, where do I put those?

Wow, I shouldn’t have gotten my hopes up. Did a full restore of the phone prior to JB. Went through the Taig 8.3 JB and installed RA through Cydia. Downloaded the nightly (6-14-15) and copied all contents to the RA folder in Applications using Cyberduck (Mac version of WinSCP) and checked all the permissions. Pulled up RA, downloaded cores and tried to load a game. Now all cores crash it immediately upon clicking on the .bin or .cue file. No idea why its so hit or miss across devices.

Also, on version 1.0.0.1 (the one downloaded from Cydia) all cores give the permissions error despite all permissions being set at read/write throughout the folder structure. Maybe I am missing something but 1.0.0.1 worked great before (on 8.1.2) with interpreter and now i get the above.

Reygok…Go to core updater and select the core you want. It will download automatically.

[QUOTE=protodad;24120]Wow, I shouldn’t have gotten my hopes up. Did a full restore of the phone prior to JB. Went through the Taig 8.3 JB and installed RA through Cydia. Downloaded the nightly (6-14-15) and copied all contents to the RA folder in Applications using Cyberduck (Mac version of WinSCP) and checked all the permissions. Pulled up RA, downloaded cores and tried to load a game. Now all cores crash it immediately upon clicking on the .bin or .cue file. No idea why its so hit or miss across devices.

Also, on version 1.0.0.1 (the one downloaded from Cydia) all cores give the permissions error despite all permissions being set at read/write throughout the folder structure. Maybe I am missing something but 1.0.0.1 worked great before (on 8.1.2) with interpreter and now i get the above.[/QUOTE] Im not sure why it sounds like you did it right.im not familiar with cyberduck. There is also a .retroarch folder in documents where you should put bios and config files

Well if that would work, I wouldn’t ask here; I’m not THAT stupid :wink: But in that Core Updater Menu, I can’t do anything. Whereever I tap, nothing happens. All the cores are listed, with “(URL)” next to them, but it’s like a picture, there is nowhere to tap.

EDIT: Nevermind, just looked through a few other threads here, after tapping SWITCH it suddently worked. Still quite buggy, but well, it’s nightly after all :wink: But I cannot set the N64 overlay, when tap it, I got back to the menu but it still says retropad.cfg

You have to use the menu you are talking about. The white menu is good for nothing.

how do i install the latest nightly? tried copying the .app into itunes and then sync but the app installs and then its kinda greyed out/bot launching. Jailbroken on 8.3 and appsync unified installed.

Go into cydia and download the version from the bigboss repo. Go to the buildbot website download the latest retroarch nightly for iOS.

Save the files somewhere that’s easy to get to.

I use winscp to drag and drop the new files over the old files. You just navigate to the applications folder and find retroarch.app

Drop those nightlys into the retroarch.app folder. Go into cydia and download any tweak(you can uninstall it later)

Retroarch will be updated to the newest build.

Keep in mind the interface still isn’t quite done. It’s a bit hectic to navigate through.

[QUOTE=GutlessGnat;24251]Go into cydia and download the version from the bigboss repo. Go to the buildbot website download the latest retroarch nightly for iOS.

Save the files somewhere that’s easy to get to.

I use winscp to drag and drop the new files over the old files. You just navigate to the applications folder and find retroarch.app

Drop those nightlys into the retroarch.app folder. Go into cydia and download any tweak(you can uninstall it later)

Retroarch will be updated to the newest build.

Keep in mind the interface still isn’t quite done. It’s a bit hectic to navigate through.[/QUOTE]

crashes on launch

Do you have controllers for all installed?