Themes for Ozone?

I’m familiar enough with the two basic themes that are built into Ozone, and I know a couple more have just been added to the source code, but I find myself wanting to work up my own color schemes. Are there any plans to add that as an end-user option, even if only via config file?

I’m also hoping for options to limit the column width and/or move the values to the left of the names and descriptions (right-aligned so there’s a consistent gap between). I know the latter isn’t exactly standard “material design” but both options would be be great for wide screens.

Two new (hard-coded) color themes have been added today - they should be available in the most recent nightlies and also the upcoming 1.8.5 build.

Will it be possible in future to (user)change the icon theme in ozone?

[EDIT]
With 1.8.5 the scaling of the menu has changed as well :slightly_frowning_face:

Ozone got scaling support. It will now scale appropriately for the screen.

You can lower it if you want though. It’s in Settings/User Interface/Appearance/Menu Scale Factor.

I know, but i need to scale it up :nerd_face:
I can’t crank it up more than 1.6x apparently and this is way too small for me

For icons, Ozone uses the set in assets/xmb/monochrome/png. I guess that’s because xmb assets were updated more frequently, so the copy of them under assets/ozone/png/icons went un-updated and unused.

Are you sure?
What about /assets/ozone/png/icons/?

Yeah, since you can delete that folder and the icons still show up in ozone.

1 Like

You are right.
Only the fonts and the icons for Main Menu, Settings, etc. are used from the ozone directory in assets.
It would be a great addition if the user can select which icon theme and font to use from the gui :slight_smile:

(I changed the name of /assets/xmb/systematic to monochrome in this example and deleted the ozone directory):

1 Like

Did anyone find out about this? I think the UI is great, I just want a pure black background, so some control over the few key colours - even if it’s just by editing a text file or something, doesn’t;t need to be baked into the menu…

2 Likes