TheNamec - Mega Bezel Packs Amiga, Commodore 64, VIC20, CRTgaming soon

Tnx, it’s been quite a long run with fellows artists from Mega Bezel Community!

I’m also proud @HyperspaceMadness decided to show so many different captures from my case studies with peculiar design challenges like Curse of Monkey Island illustrations antialiased smoothing, REZ wireframe downrez resampling, Star Wars and Vib Ribbon vector postprocessing.

Lots of experimentation here, I’m really happy with re-igniting life in these masterpieces!

As you’ve seen, the Libretro article is teasing lots of new scenarios and displays from my packs.

In the last weeks I’ve been extensively rebuilding my whole chain based off a new RetroArch incoming feature and flaming hot Mega Bezel 1.0 coolness, finally working out a way to add “layers” of effects in a more modular and manageable way. In current state, the pack is not compatible with public RetroArch.

The backbone is done, presets are working, I’m simply replicating everything for each scene and device combination. A boring tailoring work of love! :heart_eyes:

I hope to be ready in time for next RetroArch release :partying_face:

Wohooooooo ride the lightning!

7 Likes

While my presets don’t have the structure to take advantage of the upcoming feature in Retroarch, I will be making use of the new night lighting features in the shader. (Once HSM finishes his work.)

There will be a lot of deep diving into presets and some new night layer renders.

Lot’s of exciting things on the horizon!

10 Likes

Ah yeah, here we go again… :heart_eyes:

8 Likes

Oooo, if that’s how it looks with just outlines, I bet it’s beautiful. :star_struck:

3 Likes

Well, well,well… Commodore CDTV overlay, included in TheNamec Mega Bezel Commodore RC4

I need a square monitor! Too many pixels to display! I’m in doubt with the speaker on the left, should it stay or should it go?

Although based off Amiga500 hardware plus a CD-ROM reader, this was not officially branded as ‘Amiga’. Of course I had to add the floppy drive cd-1411 to enable compatibility with ADF floppy images. :grin:

PS: too bad the display will end up covering the majority of this artwork, some scenes should really be vertical-only.

9 Likes

Truly a work of art! :grin: My vote is to keep the speaker but maybe de-saturate it to match.

3 Likes

Omg, my hype and excitement levels just skyrocketed, that looks amazing!

3 Likes

Everybody loves microwave oven design… so hail the newborn Ikegami TM14-17R!

Coming soon in Mega Bezel : CRT Gaming pack.

PS: @Digitech, by “soon” I mean when next RetroArch will be out… :sob:

10 Likes

I mean, if it can cook my HungryMan TV dinners while I’m playing, it’s got my vote! :grin:

2 Likes

Of course Ikegamis come with a cook to “safisfy your craving!” :rofl:

5 Likes

This looks fantastic, and yeah, I don’t think I’ve ever crossed my fingers this hard that Retroarch puts out a release soon. :no_mouth: Even just on the Commodore pack side and new 1080p presets for those, I’m so excited for it.

6 Likes

Believe me, just looking at how many things cool things the entire Mega Bezel Community kept building while waiting for release… really makes crossings everything crossable - ouch - a daily routine!

Let’s hope the update drop soon, I need some feedback on my latest folies to stay grounded to planet earth! :rocket:

4 Likes

2 questions : you mention RC4. Where can i find it or when is it expected to be released on your github? I saw the Mega Bezel is updated to V1.0.007_2022-08-29_Rev-1 and Duimon already made some changes to his presets. Do you also have to make changes to have it work with V1.0.007_2022-08-29_Rev-1

4 Likes

If I may. I think @TheNamec is using Retroarch features that are only currently available in the Nightly build.

Hense…

2 Likes

Loving the CRT Shader Preset and Geometry on these @TheNamec! Cudo’s to you for basing your new work around Integer scale for even cleaner CRT effects!

Do you know what would be really awesome?! A stereoscopic 3D version of these! That would be sooooo amazing!!! Literally the next level! Can you imagine that?

3 Likes

Current RC3.1 should work with latest Mega Bezel without problems.

Commodore pack RC4 will be out as soon as next Retroarch will be released, as it includes some new features not yet available in current public RetroArch.

CRTGaming pack will follow soon, as it’s based on the same customized preset framework.

Hopefully the wait will be over, sooner or later. :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

Would that work on current RetroArch? Imagine that on VR!

Yup since RC4 all preset will include an option for easy-peasy interger scaling with flat bezels and faux-curved bezels. Pixel purists will enjoy this! :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Mannn looks really awesome! Can´t wait for the next RA release, it is starting to feel like christmas

5 Likes

retroarch 1.11 is released. does this mean rc4 is due to be released soon? anxiously waiting :yum:

5 Likes

Yes, same here. xD My heart skipped a beat when I saw that a new version was finally out. Knowing what’s coming in the next TheNamec pack and how the existing ones have already elevated my Amiga and C64’ng experience has me waiting with baited breath.

4 Likes