There are graphical glitches in Mario Kart 7 not in standalone Citra!

When I play Mario Kart 7 ( on the Citra libretro core of course ) there are minor grapical glitches that standalone Citra doesn’t have! I am not sure if it’s just the European version ( Which is the ROM I am using ) or even if it’s Mario Kart 7! For example, instead of the smoke that the karts generate there are “1st Place Symbols” instead! Take a look for yourselves! I know the Citra libretro core is relatively new but it needs to get fixed one day!

I thought the same because I was comparing it to the bleeding edge builds, which is probably what you’re doing too, but it’s Citra mainline here.
These bugs are on mainline stand-alone as well.

2 Likes

I have seen gameplay of Mario Kart 7 on standalone and it doesn’t have the graphical glitches the libretro core has!

Ah, I see! I just tried out mainline and it turns out it broke in the standalone as well! ¯_(ツ)_/¯

I’ve noticed a few games that have glitches not present in mainline citra, and some games that won’t boot up at all on RetroArch’s core even though they do in Citra.

I won’t even touch the bleeding edge builds because of how they install, so I know that’s not skewing my comparison here.

I just figured it’s 'cause the core is new, and needed to work out some kinks.

1 Like

I would like to know these. Make sure you are comparing with Nightly, not Canary or Bleeding Edge.

The same glitches are in Nightly, like we said so don’t worry!

You don’t even have to install the bleeding edge builds, just download citra.edge-0.1.463-full.nupkg package and rename it to citra.edge-0.1.463-full.zip and extract the archive!

Then in the extracted archive you will find Citra in one of the folders.

How often does Citra Libretro get updated because it still isn’t fixed while it is now in nightly?

It is a manual process. When I get around to it.

2 Likes

It is currently 15 commits behind and the graphical glitches still aren’t fixed? Oh wait… right, the buildbot is broken xD Even I am having trouble compiling it myself! “No such file or directory”