UAE core for Retroarch

Alright, the problem was in old core version, now it runs .info files. But strangely it doesn’t run M3U, displays “Unsupported file format”

Only floppies and CDs are currently supported in M3Us. I guess hard disks could and should be added too, even though there will be no hot-plugging, as in restart is required.

Ah, now it runs m3u only if you specifically point to floppy files inside zips, it fails to load with just list of zips.

Huh… I can fix that. Though the most convenient method is having all disks in a single ZIP, so that a M3U is generated automatically instead of manual hassling.

1 Like

The idea and implemenation with the zip is awesome. but what about if you have more than 4 disks? does uae change the discs automatically?

No, there is no way for any kind of automatic disk changing. UAE is not even aware of the M3U playlist at all.

Any disks above 4 will be treated just like when a game does not support external drives. Frontend Disc Control uses DF0: only.

Edit: The core can now handle ZIPs in M3Us and also hard drives.

1 Like

Grab WHDLoad versions of amiga games. They load 100 times faster and there’s no disk swapping.

1 Like

Is it possible to see some day chd support for CD32 games?

Hello! Is there a complete guide how to install whdload games in nvidia shield? Unfortunately I found some guides not compatible with Retroarch version 1.9.0. Thanks to those who will help me.

It has been on the TODO for a long time, and on ice after losing interest. I took another jab at it, and after hours and hours and hours of keyboard bashing I got it working, almost! As in with Windows data and audio is ok, but closing will crash, and Linux will crash immediately at startup.

But still a lot better than nothing!

Wow, thank you very much for making it happen.

I’ve had the collection compressed in CHD for a year and a half waiting for the big moment.

I look forward to the addition, thanks again.

Awesome, no problemo. Looks like I got it working already, which means update is incoming!

Edit: merged.

2 Likes