UAE core for Retroarch

I’m having problem getting the core to work on Android (Nvidia Shield TV). The kickstarts and whdload.hdf I use work with the Windows version of RetroArch, but when I try to run a game - adf or hdf - RetroArch just crashed. Is anyone else having similar problems?

Hi all, sorry for my bad english, if someone managed to start p-uae for emulationstation windows version, thanks to everyone.

If you have the right kickstart and whdload files it works fine on Windows.

it works perfectly thanks, it was wrong the kick.rom, I put the .uae configured in emulationstation / roms / amiga, I can launch the game directly from the interface. Last thing I did not understand if there is a tool that creates the .uae automatically.

I don’t know if there is such a tool. But you don’t actually need uae-files in the version though, you can load whdload hdf-files.

thanks anyway, if I put directly hdf does not work, you need to insert the directory where the hdf are inside the .uae.

Hi @squizzy I went thru your script, and run it on my system (I had to install additional dependencies). Nevertheless I’m a bit confused, you are correcting the data of there are *.slave files inside, and what if such files not exist? Is there a way to create them?

As is, there is no function that creates the slave files within that script, and I am not sure of how that might be accomplished (because I honestly don’t know what the .slave files contain, in terms of functionality within each .hdf.

For a [very brief] period of time I was investigating how to automate the process of converting the original disk images to whdload files, using an Amiga emulator, but I gave up on that pretty quick. Not to say that it wouldn’t be fairly straight forward- load the emulator, open the disk image, extract the necessary files (in particular, those only visible within the Amiga workbench), format the new image as hdf (with appropriate slave files), save to PC.

Sorry, I know that’s not very helpful with regards to your question :slight_smile:

@squizzy thanks for response in that matter. I went thru multiple different images and I notice as well that changing the *.slave to game.slave is not working with all games. I have checked the as well Ultimate Amiga, and notice, that there is some sore of configuration for uae, thre game have hdf and asf for save purpose. But till now I’m unable to reproduce this configuration on RetroArch. Nevertheless thanks for information!

Not sure I am following. I’ll admit that my knowledge of all of this is limited. I whipped together that script to help a friend, and it produced a decent set of games (see pm), but I didn’t spend too much time getting to know the Amiga fundamentals.

I’m just getting into RetroArch and for the most part I’m making progress as I go. One thing is baffling me though in relation to Amiga games.

I’m using RetroArch 64 on my Shield TV and also my Windows laptop. I have WHDLoad and the three kick roms in the system directory on both machines and they’re the same files. Curiously my hdf games that work fine on my Windows laptop don’t work at all on the Shield (or my GPD XD Plus for that matter i.e Android). I get the following error message: “please insert volume dh1 in any drive”.

Hey if it’s some limitation of the Android core then I can live with that. Could someone tell me if I’m doing something wrong?

FS-UAE much stable, updated today and very simple.

Not work in Windows version, and the documents are inadequate also it’s to difficult to run the game compare to other Amiga emulator (FS-UAE or WinUAE)

Final I run Amiga game on RetroArch v1.7.7 due to luck document

I must put kick40063.A600 in ./system folder

Hello, im running Retroarch on my pc. I use Steam to stream Retroarch to my Nvidia Shield in my living and bedroom. So far, everything is working perfect. Next thing that i want to do is add the Amiga core to Retroarch. After two days of searching i couldt find one clear and up to date tutorial of how to do this. Does anyone has a step by step tutorial to get the best/latest Amiga core running on Retroarch. Writing a config file for every game is not on my wanting to do list haha.

1 Like

I have that issue when the Model was set to A500, setting it to A1200 seemed to let them work as expected.

Is there a way to map mouse buttons to the gamepad?

Also, the core works but after i load a few games, i sometimes randomly get this error

Seems the Whdload file in the system directory gets modyfied and i can’t make it read only because it won’t load anything this way. I need to keep a backup of it and replace it manually every time i get this error, not ideal for a couch setup.

1 Like

Is there a way to map mouse buttons to the gamepad?

Sure, under core options. Mouse buttons are already by default in L2 and R2. Or by changing the D-Pad control to mouse, which will also change the normal joystick buttons to mouse buttons.

Also, the core works but after i load a few games, i sometimes randomly get this error

Delete all legacy WHDLoad files from system, change the “WHDLoad Support” core option to the default “Files” and let the core do the magic by launching any WHDLoad game.

The ancient HDF image was in OFS filesystem which will fail often and permanently if powered off during writes etc. The current one will use FFS, but using HDF-mode is not advisable anymore anyway due to many reasons, which is why it isn’t the default.

2 Likes

How to launch content directly from directory, without packing it intro zip lha or etc?

Either by having and launching the .info file related to (as in renamed as) the directory, or launching the directory command line, since directories can’t be selected in the menu. The launched directory will become a hard drive just like a LHA/HDF.

But if you mean directly launch any program that way, then no. The regular S/startup-sequence route applies.