V1.1 release date

Any news on when v1.1 of RetroArch is due? Would love to get it running on my BB10 device.

Thanks.

No release date, but it’s coming soon.

We have been waiting for quite a while for so much as a progress update. I have been waiting for the Android version,not only the update,but most importantly for the input to finally be fixed.

In case yall could forget,PLEASE add mapping for the analog stick (for Android) so I can map the keyboard keys to it for the N64 core. (I can’t get an actual gamepad)

You can always look at the commit log at https://github.com/libretro/RetroArch to see what’s happening. You’re welcome to use the nightlies, which are posted at http://buildbot.libretro.com.

I don’t think there’s any plan to map analog axes to keyboard keys, unfortunately.

Just wanted to thank all the developers involved. Very excited for each new version when it is ready. Your hard work is very appreciated.

I have been very anxious for the next Android update. Blog after blog is nothing but teases, and people have been waiting since March 2014. I understand… lots of work needs to be done, and part of the mission is to stay free.

However at the same time, a precedent is being set. If it’s going to take another year after the following update to fix any outstanding bugs, the trend will keep continuing that way. Retroarch shouldn’t seek to be on every platform if it cannot keep up with the times. A good example of this, is how the PCSX Rearmed core was rendered completely useless after installing the new Android 5.0 Lollipop update.

Feel free to pitch in. Pull requests are always welcome.

Retroarch have the best emulators on iOS. Even the available version is amazing. Such a big project takes a lot of effort and time. So is understandable that it would take a long time to update it. I´m on iOS since the iphone 3G so I remember a lot of paid emus released on Cydia completely broken, unfinished and abandoned.

So even if the updates take longer to be released I´m still very grateful. Now I can play SNES/PSX games with fullspeed plus some amazing options like custom overlays, shaders and so on.

Is the BlackBerry 10 version there? I can’t seem to find the nightly build.

[QUOTE=hunterk;18232]You can always look at the commit log at https://github.com/libretro/RetroArch to see what’s happening. You’re welcome to use the nightlies, which are posted at http://buildbot.libretro.com.

I don’t think there’s any plan to map analog axes to keyboard keys, unfortunately.[/QUOTE]

No, I don’t think there are any bb10 builds yet.

Hi. I’m new to Retroarch - great project! I read somewhere that the Retroarch GUI will at some point get an overhaul and perhaps with the Lakka gui. Will that happen in version 1.1 or is that for some later release? I’m asking since there’s a jungle of different frontends out there and I’d rather not step into that thorny jungle at all if a spruced up bundled gui is just around the corner. Cheers.

Yeah, it’s currently in-progress. You can check out the new menu options in the nightlies.

Do you with “new menu options” mean new commands to choose from in the green/white/checkered RGUI menu and/or do you mean other menu layouts (the lakka type stuff or something else)? I’ve set up the nigthlie 2015-02-01 in Win7 x64 and the menu has more commands (and is less collapsed) compared to previous version I tested (stable or beta, don’t remember). But the menu still has the green/white/checkered look. Or am I missing some option? (Not surprised if I did miss it! There are loads and loads of neat settings to try out and I haven’t gotten around to half of them yet.)

I sure did miss it. Settings > Driver options > menu driver > xbmc That loads the menu system that is seen in various youtube videos about Lakka Didn’t think of a menu system as a driver but in hindsight it makes sense to label it so.

heh, yeah, it’s not immediately obvious. they’re known as ‘menu drivers’ and they all pull from the same subsystem, so it’s (relatively) easy to drop in a new one by building on that same foundation.

You guys have a very strange definition of soon. Please find an alternative phrase.

Feel free to file a complaint with our customer satisfaction division.

It will be out when it’s ready.

Will this release use Lakka as its front-end?

Heh, that is asked at the top of this very page, how could you miss it?

Just in case my post ends up on the next page: