For players who uses VBA for their gba emulation, a new port has been added. This is based on the github repository currently at version 2.1.0
Before going any further, please make sure to backup all your VBA save files and states to avoid data loss.
Difference versus existing VBA-M core:
- support for game boy and game boy color roms
- core option for interpolation and level of filtering
- solar sensor adjust for Boktai
- turbo buttons
- (gb/gbc/gba) multi-line support for cheats
- (gb/gbc/gba) show borders for sgb-compatible roms (gb/gbc)
- (gba) better save type identification - this is why its necessary to backup existing save files and states. Most SRAM, FLASH512, FLASH1M and eeprom (512/8192 KB) save ram sizes are identified (no more fixed 139KB of save file for all types) and set for most roms (matched using GameID or identifiable tags within the binary. This makes it easier to transfer savefiles from one emulator to another or use ones from standalone.
$ git clone https://github.com/visualboyadvance-m/visualboyadvance-m $ cd visualboyadvance-m $ cd src $ cd libretro $ make
libretro code is in /src/libretro folder
tested under linux and windows 10 x64 only. Other platforms are not tested nor not sure if there will be makefile errors for those. Feel free to test and send in your ports/fixes.