Vice 64 Windows Give support for .vsf files again

Hello, that is, since version Retroarch 1.9.0 they have stopped loading games with the extension .vsf. It is a shame because, for me, it is the best way to load the games in Commodore 64 and skip the annoying cracks screens and game information, loading almost instantaneously. If they could implement it again and more now with the new automatic zoom option it would be great, especially with the Duimon - HSM Mega Bezel Graphics and Presets.

Greetings

1 Like

RetroArch version has nothing to do with this, only core version. I’m currently able to load snapshot files just fine if they are made with the exact same standalone stable version (3.5 now) and emulator type (x64 vs x64sc).

Currently the core will log the mismatch error only when loading the state regular route, but I’ll soon add it to that vsf start. And why not show such errors as on-screen notifications too while at it.

Next version of VICE is also around the corner, so that snapshot file route is not future proof and rather tedious. I’d personally save state to slot -1 and use savestate_auto_load. And fetch the proper save moment using rewind and frame-stepping if necessary. But redoing them in any method is still annoying…

1 Like