Wii U Nightly Discussion Thread

Use this thread to discuss the Wii U port. This breaks it out of the regular Wii build’s nightly thread to avoid confusion.

1 Like

Awesome, I gotta say that for the state it’s in, many of the cores work fantastic :smiley: Keep up the good work, guys.

Indeed. Congrats to the devs.

One question. Seems folder loading is quite slow atm. Is that a limitation of the SD card or something that is being worked on? Loading a folder containing a full No-Intro set takes approx 2-3 min here.

Cheers!

[QUOTE=callebalik;51277]Indeed. Congrats to the devs.

One question. Seems folder loading is quite slow atm. Is that a limitation of the SD card or something that is being worked on? Loading a folder containing a full No-Intro set takes approx 2-3 min here.

Cheers![/QUOTE]

Has to do with the library/libfat, it’ll be worked on eventually.

Fantastic!

Hey, just asking, but is Mednafen PSX usable on Wii U right now? I cannot get it to load, it simply crashes my Wii U. Does loading the .elf version work? If not, how do I properly use the .rpx version? Or does that also crash instantly currently?

[QUOTE=VibbyVibbs;52084]Hey, just asking, but is Mednafen PSX usable on Wii U right now? I cannot get it to load, it simply crashes my Wii U. Does loading the .elf version work? If not, how do I properly use the .rpx version? Or does that also crash instantly currently?[/QUOTE]

Do you have the bios files for the PlayStation inside /retroarch/cores/system? If not then that might be why you are getting crashes.

Hm… let me try putting the bios into that folder directory, and see what happens. Will edit once I get my result.

RESULT: Still, nothing happens at all. Mednafen PSX crashes the Wii U as soon as it’s loaded up in the Homebrew launcher. (Black screen, menu never pops up) However, mGBA loads up just fine, it’ll let me play my GBA ROMs and everything. So I know my Homebrew launcher is functional, as is some of the Retroarch cores I have for my Wii U.

PSX core wont load if it’s an .elf file. That has been tested already.

Looking forward for the first stable version. Do we know wich features are planned for it? Wich controllers will be supported? Any new core in the works (DosBox please!)? Multiplayer?

Anyway, it’s still worth mentioning how many cores worked right out of the box. It really gives a reason to be excited here.

I noticed that the nightly builds are being deleted and new ones aren’t being built, is everything okay on the Wii U end?

The entire buildbot is fucked at the moment.

Also why doesn’t it show the most recent post? Did you make it invisible?

Disregard my PM, so it’s fucked up? Well that sucks, hopefully it gets resolved.

(Damn internet being slow, double post, ugh)

Server cleaning maybe? We know there’s a stable version coming for Wii U. Calm down.

We’ll get it worked out, but yeah, it’s a big problem/hassle. The buildbot was using free/borrowed hosting and you get what you pay for, unfortunately. Not to look a gift horse in the mouth, though. We’re very grateful to him for letting us use it for as long as we did.

Well that is a pain though…no rush in getting it up and running, there hasn’t been any changes to the Wii U port yet.

Yea… a couple homebrew updates fixed .rpx file loading on my Wii U. Mednafen PSX loads properly now. Chrono Cross is emulated perfectly but runs slow regardless of settings. The fact that the graphics are pretty much pixel perfect though, even including the screen shaking effects, is impressive.

[QUOTE=VibbyVibbs;52625]Yea… a couple homebrew updates fixed .rpx file loading on my Wii U. Mednafen PSX loads properly now. Chrono Cross is emulated perfectly but runs slow regardless of settings. The fact that the graphics are pretty much pixel perfect though, even including the screen shaking effects, is impressive.[/QUOTE]

PSX needs Dynarec to run full speed, if/when that will ever happen remains to be seen, I wouldn’t hold your breath though. I highly doubt people have interest in resolving that for Wii U.

PSX needs Dynarec to run full speed, if/when that will ever happen remains to be seen, I wouldn’t hold your breath though. I highly doubt people have interest in resolving that for Wii U.

There are a lot of things that were highly doubtful, and here we are (For instance there were no hope about installing non physical games and here we are)

There’s already a basic dynarec on WiiSX that may be useful, tbh i’ve seen more apathy/disinterest on that matter from Aliaspider (as he expressed on gbatemp forums) that from Wii U Retroarch users. Someone will do it, maybe not libretro staff, but someone will.

[QUOTE=Osakasan;52655]There are a lot of things that were highly doubtful, and here we are (For instance there were no hope about installing non physical games and here we are)

There’s already a basic dynarec on WiiSX that may be useful, tbh i’ve seen more apathy/disinterest on that matter from Aliaspider (as he expressed on gbatemp forums) that from Wii U Retroarch users. Someone will do it, maybe not libretro staff, but someone will.[/QUOTE]

Then there’s the matter with the SD read speed, and that library that Dimok wrote to be like wii libfat in a way, but that has yet to be implemented as well, and MSU-1 support in Snes9x for Wii U, but I digress. I just hope it really does happen, you know? Haven’t seen many Wii U submissions in GitHub for a while.