Wii U Nightly Discussion Thread

Hey, not sure if this is the right place, so please forgive me if it is not. I really would like to play old DOS-games using the ScummVM core for retroarch with the gamepad, as I think this is the best input device for such games. Unfortunately with the new retroarch release (1.7.9) the touch mechanics are broken. The Gamepad is recognized and input is accepted, though the cursor always jumps to the middle of the screen(see image).

Moving the cursor with the D-pad works fine.

I did a little testing with older versions, and retroarch 1.7.1 has touch mechanics working as expected. Every stable release since then has not. Iā€™m not sure if I should submit this as an issue or if itā€™s just me not having the right settings somehow. I have a hard time believing that for more than a year there has been a game breaking bug that no one except me has noticed. Also but maybe unrelated: The newly introduced touch menu (XMB) does not work with the gamepad either. Can anyone confirm that their setup works or doesnā€™t work as expected?

How do I get file scanning to create the normal system specific playlists? I can do manual and get a Mario 2 space ship icon list with no thumbnails, but the regular point at a directory and search comes up empty 100% of the time.

Hi, does anyone know how to solve this issue? Whenever I try to load a GBA rom, this happens. Only for GBA, regardless of what rom or core I use. Likely not a retroarch or HBL problem as a reinstall didnā€™t fix it and all other homebrew is functional as intended. Any idea what the issue is and how to fix it?

Hi, Iā€™m new here and I canā€™t see a way to create a topic; apologies that this is a long post. Iā€™m also very new to both Retroarch and Wii U modding in general, so please do bear with me if some of these seem like noob questions!

I have had a good google to try and find answers to some of this stuff, and Iā€™m very nearly at a point where my setup is good to go, there are just a few extra things I need to get to grips with before Iā€™m there:

1. Iā€™d prefer to use the Wii U Pro Controller rather than the gamepad, both to control games and to navigate the Retroarch menu in general. However, Iā€™m seeing the following issues with this: a) The Pro Controllerā€™s Home button doesnā€™t work to load the Retroarch menu, so I have to hit the one on the gamepad (wierdly, I can then control the menu with the Pro Controller) b) When in-game, I use remapping to map port 2 (the Pro Controller) to Port 1 - this then makes the Pro Controller usable in-game. However, I have to do this every time I load a game. Iā€™ve tried saving the mapping but I get ā€œError saving remap fileā€. Iā€™ve tried setting up a new folder in Directory/Input Remapping, but this hasnā€™t worked. Anyone know of a fix for this?

I guess a question that can summarise all of the above is: Does anyone know a way to make retroarch prioritise the Pro Controller at all times?

1. Making playlists is another thing which doesnā€™t seem to work: a) Content canā€™t be found on the SD card. I head into the playlists section and look for content on the SD card to add to a playlist, but nothing appears in the folders when I navigate there. The content is there because I can load the ROMs, but they donā€™t appear on the list when I go to make a playlist. So, I have to use the Favourites playlist instead, which works (because you can favourite games from their own menu), but isnā€™t ideal because I have no way to group them or anything. b) I donā€™t even know where to start with thumbnails to be honest. Iā€™ve tried downloading them, and it worked, but they arenā€™t displaying.

Iā€™ve had a look at the Playlists & Thumbnails topic on here, but nothing is jumping out as a possible solution to this issue.

Finally,

1. Any advice on getting Commodore Amiga ROMs to work with RetroArch on the Wii U? Iā€™ve googled and YouTubed but can only find guides for getting it running on the vWii. If there is no way to make it work directly from the Wii U, then Iā€™ll leave that one and continue to rely on my PC Amiga emulator for that stuff. I just thought it would be nifty to be able to run a few Amiga games from the gamepad (Lemmings would be particularly fun if thereā€™s a way to get it working as a touchscreen game).

Again, apologies for the big message but I canā€™t see an obvious way to post topics on here, otherwise Iā€™d post separate ones for each of these things.

If anyone here can help, Iā€™d really appreciate it! Thanks!

Will

Hmm. Just had a read over the past 6 months worth of messages and it doesnā€™t seem like any of these get replied toā€¦ :slightly_frowning_face:

Here are a couple of error logs from loading up Fuse the spectrum emulator.

The games load. I have the keyboard plugged in and working, I set the gamepad to Kempston.

I navigate the spectrum game menu with the keyboard and start it up just fine. Then once I move onto the gamepad to play the game it crashes.

Also, game remaps are not saving on any core.

Hello everyone, do you know why with core neo cd+chd, the music croaks?