WiiWare in Dolphin Core?

I was going to play some Blaster Master WiiWare version, but it freezes up on launch. Is this a limitation of the Dolphin core, or is there a trick to getting it running? Thanks for the help.

1 Like

I believe at least some Wiiware works, e.g. Mega Man 9 and 10, but any that require the ‘dual core’ option will crash, including Contra and Castlevania Rebirth.

2 Likes

Ah ok… thanks for that. The Blaster Master must be a dual core. Do they just load like a normal Wii image?

I believe so, yeah. Just load the wad.

1 Like

On the off-chance that someone comes to this thread at some point in the internet future for information… Blaster Master will work… I just had a weird problem from changing a symlink directory into a normal directory at some point.

Sorry for the trouble, hunter.

1 Like

Currently, both Blaster Master & Castlevania Rebirth crash retroarch on load for me with the same error:

[libretro ERROR] 53:38:174 DolphinLibretro\Boot.cpp:203 E[BOOT]: Could not boot D:\Games\Emulators\ROMS\Nintendo Wii\WiiWare\Blaster Master - Overdrive (USA) (WiiWare).zip#Blaster Master - Overdrive (USA) (WiiWare).wad
[ERROR] [Content]: Failed to load content

[libretro ERROR] 59:04:344 DolphinLibretro\Boot.cpp:203 E[BOOT]: Could not boot D:\Games\Emulators\ROMS\Nintendo Wii\WiiWare\Castlevania - The Adventure ReBirth (USA) (WiiWare).zip#Castlevania - The Adventure ReBirth (USA) (WiiWare).wad
[ERROR] [Content]: Failed to load content

Yeah, those are both examples of the ‘dual core’ problem.

1 Like