Windows Nightly discussion thread

Took me a long time to find it’s ! key now. (just left of right shift on my keyboard)

Thanks man. And since i’m using a pt-br abnt2 keyboard, my key is " shift + : ".

I think it should be nice if you guys add the option to rebind the search key in “Input Hotkey Binds”. :smiley:

Theres is something wrong with the latest FB Alpha core? For some reason retroarch won’t scan some csp2 roms to add them on my playlist, and even if i drag n drop the rom and choose the latest core it doesn’t work. The FB Alpha 2012 core works fine tho but i really want to use the latest core.

So the latest fba core have problems with csp2 roms (xmen vs street fighter and street fighter alpha 2) and i can’t seen to make the latest retroarchs to detect/scan these roms to add them on my playlist. ;/

Edit: The only way to add them is using the Retroarch Playlist Generator i downloaded here on this forum.

[QUOTE=Squilenator;50463]Theres is something wrong with the latest FB Alpha core? For some reason retroarch won’t scan some csp2 roms to add them on my playlist, and even if i drag n drop the rom and choose the latest core it doesn’t work. The FB Alpha 2012 core works fine tho but i really want to use the latest core.

So the latest fba core have problems with csp2 roms (xmen vs street fighter and street fighter alpha 2) and i can’t seen to make the latest retroarchs to detect/scan these roms to add them on my playlist. ;/

Edit: The only way to add them is using the Retroarch Playlist Generator i downloaded here on this forum.[/QUOTE]

romsets for CPS2 has been updated for fba 2.97.39 and mame .179-you need to update/download new romsets for cps2

Thanks man, downloaded the new romsets and everything is working fine but the scan feature, the scan can’t seem to find the new 0.2.97.39 roms, only the older ones. Is the rdb updated? :slight_smile:

I see unicode working in menu items when I select Japanese as language but not in the file browser. My music or videos with Japanese names still can’t be used in Retroarch.

Is that kind of support planned?

i do not think there is new dump for these updated roms-just manually updated hence probably no official rdb to reflect these new updates, i just manually made playlists using the guides that was uploaded here.

According to aliaspider, unicode filenames should work, as long as you have the proper language active in the menu. That is, Japanese filenames should show if you have Japanese as the menu language.

9:26 AM A<aliaspider> anyway, xmb uses a font in the assets by default 9:26 AM A<aliaspider> but you can override it in menu settings 9:26 AM A<aliaspider> the osd uses a system font by default, that you can override in osd settings 9:26 AM A<aliaspider> filenames would rely on the xmb font

Thanks Hunterk. That’s a bug then as it’s not working at all with the default font.ttf. I’ll open an issue about it.

Hi all…just trying to understand the nightlife builds… if the date is the current date does that mean changes were actually made in the core? If so is there a log of changes anywhere?

Changelog is what has been made on github when you look at commits.

Some cores that fail to build have their date changed in the “latest” folder while they stay the same (such as mame_libretro.dll), which is misleading.

The validation and cancel buttons have been switched in latest nightly ? I used to valid with “A” on my Snes USB pad and cancel with “B”, and on latest nightly it’s the opposite…

i dont understand the importance of this change or why make it as new default

The default was changed for Windows and Android because a lot of users from those two platforms complained incessantly. There’s an option to put it back to the old way, it’s just the default that’s changed.

OK, thanks !

Thanks to BParker06 we now have Japanese display support working on Windows for filenames and usage (only menu items translation was working until now).

You need to use a font that supports Japanese. Roboto does not. The standard font.tff you can find in XMB assets works but it is not really good if you change your display scaling.

There is a Google Noto font that looks a lot like Roboto that is quite better at it. This is how it looks for me with “Menu Scale Factor” at 50 on a 1080p screen.

You can get it here but as it is an .otf font, rename it to .ttf.

Shaders don’t seem to be working on the latest nightly. I select and apply one and it does absolutely nothing.

The shader issue had to do with the unicode change. It has been reverted so shader loading should work now, but no more Japanese atm.

Hi all, looks like there is no .exe file in the latest RetroArch.7z for windows, is that normal?

It happens sometimes. Just use the most recent one that’s >32 bytes or whatever.