Windows Nightly discussion thread

No, not at all. I was just testing it to make sure it works, since people were saying it was broken. I don’t think any of the major contributors have easy access to any 32-bit Windows machines, so it gets very little testing.

I’m having issues with Mupen as well… Using 5-11 nightly…

None of my core options are sticking… I’m trying to change the resolution to 320x240, and when I reset, it goes back to default 640x480… Same thing with other core options as well… I’ve manually edited retroarch-core-options.cfg, and when I load mupen, the defaults are restored.

Can anyone confirm?

The Core disk options for mednafen is not working. I can press the button but it just not take me to the options. I noticed this simple error by chance while using the newest version today.

Thanks for all the hard work :slight_smile:

I was trying to play some DosBox and Mess systems and it seems the “Enable Hotkeys” option isn’t working: I map a key to it, the keyboard should now be the emulated keyboard without any retroarch hotkeys activated but no, nothing changes.

Has the behaviour changed or is it a bug?

Indeed, I was on the 16th of July, just updated to the 18th and it works now thanks!

What happened to “Load Content (History)” option?

It changed to ‘Load Recent’?

Yes, I think its the same option, but I cant find on the Directory Menu where I can set individual content history files for each core.

NVM, I figured out. To me ‘Load Recent’ is pretty much the same thing of old ‘Load History’. I had to edit each .cfg with notepad++ line content_history_path = “storage/extSdCard/retroarch/history/history.lpl” because I couldn’t do that on the Directories menu

Is there any way to skip the “Open archive as folder” / “Load archive with core” (in favour of the 2nd) on recent nightlies?

That would be a welcome change for sure.

I did find a a way to do this in 1.2.1 if it helps. Settings > Menu File Browser > then change Archive File Association Action from “Ask” to “Load Archive”. This option unfortunately seems to have disappeared after 1.2.2.

Hello, I found a bug (?):

When trying to launch a game from " a collection" (*.lpl file), it doesn’t launch the right game: for example, if i’m trying to launch the “4-in-1 game pack”, I have the Zoop game launching. Everysingle time, for any kind of game. This is the same with others systems.

Are CD games working for you with the latest PCE_Fast core? I get them crashing without any clue in the log. Using cue+bin+ogg.

Well, the PCE issue has been fixed…

Something else: I’m using per-core configs and I’m using some input remaps. Got an input remap for DeSMume, I play a game on it. Then I launch PrBoom: the DeSMume input remap is activated for it… input_remapping_path already existed and was empty in PrBoom cfg file, so it’s strange it did propagate here.

Then I activate “Load remap files automatically” in every core cfg files. Now the remaps don’t propagate in other core cfgs.

Strange behaviour.

What happend to gw_libretro.dll.zip? It’s not in cores anymore: http://buildbot.libretro.com/nightly/windows/x86_64/latest/

EDIT: And it’s back.

Today I upgraded to current RetroArch Version 2015-09-13_RetroArch.7z. The previous build I used was about ~2 weeks old.

But every game and core I start now got slow :frowning: No matter if mgba, mupen64plus, even Nestopia feels like 30% slower, than normal. Because of that, also the music got scratchy. The build before, every game and core perfectly run smooth with no slowdown, with and without shaders. There are no options I changed, I used the same config (for every core) like before. What can be the reason and what can I do? PC is Windows 10 64Bit AMD A10-5700 with onboard Radeon HD7660HD, 8GB RAM. Everything is up-to-date.

People have reported having some weird performance issues with Win10 that we suspect are related to power-savings options. However, if a build from a few weeks ago doesn’t do it for you, that may not be the culprit.

Could you try a few builds and see if you can pinpoint when it started happening?

I tried build from 23th august. This should be old enough to be sure, that the problem didn’t occured. But sadly it also have the slow performance. Even Game Boy (gambatte) is scratchy and slow (but more power conuming cores like mupen are not slower!). I chcked my hardware, checked my UEFI, but everything is in the right place. Other programs don’t feel slower (but thats very objective observation). My power option are on High performance and minimum processor activity to 100%. Maybe current Windows Updates (or AMD drivers) brought the problem?

On my other PC, also W10 x64 but Core i7, NVIDIA GTX, 16GB RAM, no performance issues…