Windows Nightly discussion thread

Try running OBS or antimicro in the background and see if that helps. Having either running gives me the same great performance as I had in Win7. Launching from Steam Big Picture with a non-steam shortcut works too.

The antimicro solution is weird because I tested it using a blank controller profile and auto profile disabled (so it doesn’t use any CPU detecting applications or sending inputs). I looked at the task manager while launching and running RetroArch and didn’t see any CPU usage from antimicro. But with antimicro running RetroArch uses around 32% CPU running Aria of Sorrow’s title screen in mGBA. With antimicro off, it’s around 27% and has audio crackling and stuttering. I have the High Performance power profile selected in Win10 as well.

After some more investigations I found the reason and solution. I tried a clean config, but no success. The “original gambatte” is smooth, but RetroArch gambatte isn’t. I noticed that fps speed stays at 50fps, so yes… for some reason, my monitor refresh rate was at 50Hz and RetroArch probably slow down any 60fps game 10fps to 50fps. Changing back to 60Hz and everything is smooth again. Not sure if it is a wanted behavior, because other emulators can work properly with 50Hz.

No Windows 10 issue :slight_smile:

Cheat files aren’t working on today nightly, don’t know when that began: load cheat file -> nothing happens, no cheat list.

Scanning a directory for roms crashes too.

Nothing relevant in the log for both problems.

Cheats are fixed, nice.

Hmm…10-02 my directories for screenshots, savefiles and savestates automatically change to default value in cfg file. save states won’t load either.

issues from 10-02 have been resolved

10-03

zarch specific: when hitting forward slash to use the search command retroarch crashes doesn’t adjust to dpi settings - http://i.imgur.com/Ga6KnF4.png unusable - can’t get it to respond to keyboard inputs

edit:

10-04 issues still perist interactions with mouse in zarch menu seems near impossible. probably all related to DPI issues.

10-05 zarch specific: RESOLVED: DPI Settings

Issues: search function ( forward slash – ‘/’) still crashes retroarch keyboard inputs don’t work mouse input barely works:

• cursor is missing
  • clicking to load games doesn’t work
  • clicking into settings brings up nothing

10-06

zarch issues: loading games doesn’t work keyboard inputs don’t work (is this supposed to be a mouse only menu driver??) search function still crashes retroarch Menu lists not adjusting to resolution properly, folder name not displaying properly - http://i.imgur.com/LFX97Of.png Menu elements not spacing properly - http://i.imgur.com/HFCZnKO.png

10-07 zarch still not functional

10-10 all zarch problems listed above still persist. zarch seems like a WIP so I’m not going to keep posting about it until it actually works.

I was updating some cores and noticed a bit late there was this new mame dll in the buildbot which seem to be 160-something. Any limitation with this one compared to mame2014?

I had problems trying to launch mess2014 and finally found the cause: it wants a “mess2014” directory for ashes and stuff in system and save dirs. This should be updated in the core info page.

What is the retro achievements option in the latest nightly?

We’re in process of integrating RetroArch with Retro Achievements.

Right now the integration only downloads the achievements list for a game and shows messages on the screen when they are, hm, achieved, but they aren’t awarded in Retro Achievements yet.

Nice one, looking forward to it. :slight_smile:

As I requested here: http://libretro.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4252

Could someone please provide an older MAME core (0.152) with nagscreen option for x86?

It was most likely included in older nightly releases.

[QUOTE=leiradel;29903]We’re in process of integrating RetroArch with Retro Achievements.

Right now the integration only downloads the achievements list for a game and shows messages on the screen when they are, hm, achieved, but they aren’t awarded in Retro Achievements yet.[/QUOTE]

Nice! Looking forward to this. One of my biggest problems with them in the past was being forced into their specific emulators. :slight_smile:

Hi, with the last nightly I can’t remap my Generic USB Gamepad, I did change the driver to dinput (winxinput fail) but RA doesn’t recognized any button from my gamepad only keyboard ( by the moment I’ll go back to stable version I don’t have issues here and the last nighly that works for me too It was 2015-10-10)

The latest nightlies have a still incomplete but working integration with Retro Achievements.

Create an account at http://retroachievements.org, and, in RetroArch, go to Settings, User, Accounts, Retro Achievements, and set the username and password you used to create the account. Then go to Settings, Retro Achievements, and enable them. You can optionally enable unofficial achievements here.

When using achievements, Retro Arch will send data to the Retro Achievements server whenever you start a game (so it’s displayed on your user page), and whenever you unlock an achievement in the game.

If you have any doubts, suggestions, or find any bugs, please let me know.

Enjoy!

sega genesis (genesis plus gx) and nes (fceumm) are not logging into RA. Snes does though.

Can you give more details about this issue? Can you paste the RA log? I only need the lines starting with CHEEVOS.

Thanks for the feedback.

[QUOTE=leiradel;30258]Can you give more details about this issue? Can you paste the RA log? I only need the lines starting with CHEEVOS.

Thanks for the feedback.[/QUOTE]

Genesis: CHEEVOS got game id 0 CHEEVOS got game id 0

Nes: CHEEVOS got game id 0 CHEEVOS got game id 0

[QUOTE=kev25b;30265]Genesis: CHEEVOS got game id 0 CHEEVOS got game id 0

Nes: CHEEVOS got game id 0 CHEEVOS got game id 0[/QUOTE]

Ah, that means the games weren’t found in the Retro Achievements database. I’ll add a message to the log to help with these cases. Meanwhile, could you tell me what games were those?

Also, what do you think would be a good way to deal with this? Show a message on the screen telling the user that the game doesn’t feature achievements?

[QUOTE=leiradel;30266]Ah, that means the games weren’t found in the Retro Achievements database. I’ll add a message to the log to help with these cases. Meanwhile, could you tell me what games were those?

Also, what do you think would be a good way to deal with this? Show a message on the screen telling the user that the game doesn’t feature achievements?[/QUOTE]

Genesis was Aladdin and nes was airwolf, I have just tried the same roms through the retro achievements emulators, and the achievements loaded up.

Yeah, it seems RetroArch is unable to locate the game in the Retro Achievements database. I’m investigating the issue.