Windows Nightly discussion thread

When always I unpack the cheat files, I get question about overwriting the other because of the same filename, for example: Secret of Mana. So… I always decide for the… bigger file? Whats wrong here?

[QUOTE=Morku;32222]When always I unpack the cheat files, I get question about overwriting the other because of the same filename, for example: Secret of Mana. So… I always decide for the… bigger file? Whats wrong here?

[/QUOTE] These are different files for Unix system, but not for Windows, just rename one.

Latest BSNES build available from buildbot (the one based on v096) doesn’t seem to work at all.

Crashes just before the [bsnes]: XML map part in the log, when compared against v094.

I’m guessing bsnes folders strike again?

Yeah, probably. I think Alcaro is still working on the update. I’ll follow up with him.

So, has there been any info on Genesis Retro Achievements yet? Just curious is all. Seems weird that the website can recognize that I’m playing a specific Genesis game, but not recognize that I did a thing required for an achievement. And the last mention of it in this thread was some time last month. So I didn’t think it’d hurt to ask.

I also noticed Super Mario Land for Gameboy (using the Gambette core) crashes Retroarch if Retro Achievements are turned on. Dunno if it’s been mentioned or not, I haven’t read through the whole thread. I dunno if it crashes other games or not, that’s the only one I tested so far aside from Super C(which didn’t crash, but it doesn’t have any Achievements on the site, so it’s probably related to if the game has them or not.)

It’d also be great if the core name mentioned if Retroachievements worked with it or not. There’s like 5 NES cores, but only 1 seems to work with achievements. But I had to try all of them to figure out which one worked.(it was QuickNES)

On the latest nightlies Retroarch closes while choosing Mega CD games

Nope, just tried it’s working fine here

Thanks for the XMB scaling option, that rocks! :slight_smile:

Be sure to change your fonts to use assets/glui/Roboto-Regular.ttf if you use scaling like 50%. Much cleaner for small fonts.

I saw you managed to update Mame: will Mame170 build soon? I see some relative cores like mame2014 disappeared from the “latest” buildbot archive.

The files name gets shorten a bit too much when selecting from “load content”:

snapshot

regarding mame… idk the buildbot cleans up stuff, I’ll check the cleanup script regarding the scaling. So far it only scales everything at factor, I want to make it use the same ammount of screen as before but I’m not there yet

does using CLI for Mednafen_PSX crash RetroArch for others? 1.3.0 works but all the latest nightlies available crash for me.

I found the ticker_limit value in xmb driver source, rising it to 150 solved the text limitation. Good workaround for now.

I see MAME170 compiled successfully for several environments, but not for windows yet. Has it got some issues or is it just an omission?

the stupid makefile creates an exe no matter what I do instead of a DLL… the exe is in fact the library, it’s just named incorrectly but the buildbot can’t find it and thus can’t publish it.

[QUOTE=Radius;34201]the stupid makefile creates an exe no matter what I do instead of a DLL… the exe is in fact the library, it’s just named incorrectly but the buildbot can’t find it and thus can’t publish it.[/QUOTE]

No stupid lua script not updated on libretro side :slight_smile:

if _OPTIONS["targetos"]=="windows" then
		targetextension ".dll"
	else
		targetextension ".so"
	end

lol, thanks r-type, I tried something else before but I’ll do what you said now. For iOS I need the binary to be _libretro_ios.dylib, I recently changed main.lua to do that but I’m not sure it’s using the correct targetos can you take a look?

Why is your fork so different now? Are you taking a different approach? Are you removing the libco dependency by any chance?

When you have the time, can you join us on IRC for a bit, I’d like to discuss your ports so we can have them always up-to-date Thanks.

[QUOTE=Radius;34206]lol, thanks r-type, I tried something else before but I’ll do what you said now. For iOS I need the binary to be _libretro_ios.dylib, I recently changed main.lua to do that but I’m not sure it’s using the correct targetos can you take a look?

Why is your fork so different now? Are you taking a different approach? Are you removing the libco dependency by any chance?

When you have the time, can you join us on IRC for a bit, I’d like to discuss your ports so we can have them always up-to-date Thanks.[/QUOTE]

not so much difference now , just some little thing in lua scripts . for libco , hard to remove dependency , maybe we could look how is handle EMSCRIPTEN in https://github.com/mamedev/mame/blob/master/src/emu/machine.cpp and find then a better way to return to retro_run()

I was just wondering since I saw some win32 threading stuff there. Can you help me to get this (0.170) building for iOS and for Android?

I’m not sure why but we have two makefiles, and we use Makefile.libretro in windows.

So here’s how I’m building for each platform:

Android (fails to build) make -f makefile . OSD=retro RETRO=1 NOWERROR=1 NOASM=1 gcc=android-arm TARGETOS=android-arm CONFIG=libretro USE_BGFX=0 NO_USE_MIDI=1 OS=linux VERBOSE=1 verbose=1

iOS (fails to build) make -f makefile. OSD=retro RETRO=1 NOWERROR=1 NOASM=1 TARGETOS=ios-arm CONFIG=libretro USE_BGFX=0 NO_USE_MIDI=1 VERBOSE=1 verbose=1

OSX (builds, untested) make -f Makefile.libretro

Win64 (builds, untested) make -f Makefile.libretro PTR64=1

Win32 (fails to buid, complains about MINGW64… it should look for MINGW32) make -f Makefile.libretro PTR64=0

Can we have just one makefile? Even better, can we rebase from your fork and remove all the other non-sense and then figure out what’s not building at the moment?

Just tried the compiled mame_libretro for win64.

Played Wing Force, some MESS games, everything looks OK.

Thanks for you work guys! :slight_smile:

CHD based games for MAME are not working on latest Nightly Builds (They do on stable release). Also, everytime I’m trying to Add Content, the list is created, but it says there are no available cores to run the roms (This also is not a problem on stable release).