Windows Nightly discussion thread

Thanks Hunterk. That’s a bug then as it’s not working at all with the default font.ttf. I’ll open an issue about it.

Hi all…just trying to understand the nightlife builds… if the date is the current date does that mean changes were actually made in the core? If so is there a log of changes anywhere?

Changelog is what has been made on github when you look at commits.

Some cores that fail to build have their date changed in the “latest” folder while they stay the same (such as mame_libretro.dll), which is misleading.

The validation and cancel buttons have been switched in latest nightly ? I used to valid with “A” on my Snes USB pad and cancel with “B”, and on latest nightly it’s the opposite…

i dont understand the importance of this change or why make it as new default

The default was changed for Windows and Android because a lot of users from those two platforms complained incessantly. There’s an option to put it back to the old way, it’s just the default that’s changed.

OK, thanks !

Thanks to BParker06 we now have Japanese display support working on Windows for filenames and usage (only menu items translation was working until now).

You need to use a font that supports Japanese. Roboto does not. The standard font.tff you can find in XMB assets works but it is not really good if you change your display scaling.

There is a Google Noto font that looks a lot like Roboto that is quite better at it. This is how it looks for me with “Menu Scale Factor” at 50 on a 1080p screen.

You can get it here but as it is an .otf font, rename it to .ttf.

Shaders don’t seem to be working on the latest nightly. I select and apply one and it does absolutely nothing.

The shader issue had to do with the unicode change. It has been reverted so shader loading should work now, but no more Japanese atm.

Hi all, looks like there is no .exe file in the latest RetroArch.7z for windows, is that normal?

It happens sometimes. Just use the most recent one that’s >32 bytes or whatever.

The nightlies are completely fucked up right now. Not only have they not compiled for a few days, the latest one that has requires DLLs not in the distro and, apparently, not anywhere for one of them. libopenal-1.dll fails with whatever I toss at it; given that said library appears to actually not really exist on Windows (libopenal seems to be a Linux library), that’s unsurprising. It seems like it’s compiling with libraries that haven’t been supplied or aren’t even on the proper platform. The only link I found on the problem was a broken MEGA link supposedly containing the libraries in question.

My Android phone runs the stable build, so it’s safe from this. But this is really annoying, especially as the builds appear to have been completely broken for a few days. Any chance of a Christmas present of working Windows builds?

So true - I can’t install the nightlys without the dlls. Retroarch crashes with downloaded dlls from other sources … Please fix this!

Nightlies and redist packages should be mostly fine now, except for Cg shader support. We updated the toolchain when we switched servers, so you’ll need to download the updated redist libs.

sadly, no dll are included again in latest full retroarch.7z(80mb only), the nightlies as of 27 and 28th are only 32Bytes, also the redist file is 32Bytes

Groan, okay, I thought we had this worked out :confused:

back to the ol’ drawing board. Thanks for the heads-up.

i do not know how many times buildbot compiles per day but it seems that early of the day(at least on my timezone) the files are ok(latest nightly, full retroarch and redist), and late hours like right now as of posting, the files becomes useless(32Bytes and missing dll files from full package).

I use overlays for NES and SNES cores, nothing fancy : just the NES or SNES logo in the bottom right of the screen ; since a few nightlies, the logos turned blue-ish. Is that a known issue ?

Yep, known issue, but thanks for the report, anyway. It’s part of a squirrely texture-format issue that’s popping up in surprising areas.