Yaba Sanshiro Core Always Crashing

Just found out last few days when using Yaba Sanshiro it just Crashes all the Time.

I tried giving Fresh Config File and Fresh RA Config file and Also Cheats on and Off but still Crashes. A

Here is the Log I got:

[INFO] [Core]: Using content: “E:\Video Games\Sega Saturn\Games\Dragon Force (USA)\Dragon Force (USA).cue”. [INFO] [Core]: Content ran for a total of: 00 hours, 00 minutes, 00 seconds. [INFO] [Core]: Unloading core… [INFO] [Core]: Unloading core symbols… [INFO] [Video]: Does not have enough samples for monitor refresh rate estimation. Requires to run for at least 4096 frames. [INFO] RetroArch 1.14.0 (Git ad89b0c) [INFO] === Build ======================================= [INFO] CPU Model Name: Intel® Core™ i5-6500 CPU @ 3.20GHz [INFO] Capabilities: MMX MMXEXT SSE SSE2 SSE3 SSE4 SSE4.2 AES AVX AVX2 [INFO] Built: Dec 12 2022 [INFO] Version: 1.14.0 [INFO] Git: ad89b0c [INFO] ================================================= [INFO] [Input]: Found input driver: “dinput”. [INFO] [Core]: Loading dynamic libretro core from: “E:\Video Games\RetroArch\RetroArch 1.14.0 (64 Bit)\cores\yabasanshiro_libretro.dll” [INFO] [Environ]: SET_VARIABLES. [INFO] [Environ]: SET_CONTROLLER_INFO. [INFO] [Overrides]: Redirecting save file to “E:\Video Games\RetroArch\RetroArch 1.14.0 (64 Bit)\saves\Dragon Force (USA).srm”. [INFO] [Overrides]: Redirecting save state to “E:\Video Games\RetroArch\RetroArch 1.14.0 (64 Bit)\states\Dragon Force (USA).state”. [INFO] [Environ]: GET_LOG_INTERFACE. [INFO] [Environ]: GET_PERF_INTERFACE. [INFO] [Environ]: SYSTEM_DIRECTORY: “E:\Video Games\RetroArch\RetroArch 1.14.0 (64 Bit)\system”. [INFO] [Environ]: GET_SAVE_DIRECTORY. [INFO] [Environ]: PERFORMANCE_LEVEL: 16. [INFO] [Environ]: SET_SERIALIZATION_QUIRKS. [INFO] [Content]: Content loading skipped. Implementation will load it on its own. [libretro WARN] HLE bios is enabled, this is for debugging purpose only, expect lots of issues [INFO] [Environ]: SET_INPUT_DESCRIPTORS: [INFO] [Environ]: SET_PIXEL_FORMAT: XRGB8888. [INFO] [Environ]: SET_HW_RENDER, context type: gl. [INFO] Requesting OpenGL context. [INFO] Reached end of SET_HW_RENDER. [INFO] [SRAM]: Skipping SRAM load. [INFO] [Core]: Version of libretro API: 1, Compiled against API: 1 [INFO] [Cheats]: Load game-specific cheatfile: E:\Video Games\RetroArch\Cheats\Cheats for RA (30-11-2020)\YabaSanshiro\Dragon Force (USA).cht [INFO] [Audio]: Set audio input rate to: 44100.00 Hz. [INFO] [Video]: Set video size to: 1366x835. [INFO] [Video]: Using HW render, OpenGL driver forced. [INFO] [Video]: Using configured “glcore” driver for GL HW render. [INFO] [GLCore]: Found GL context: “wgl”. [INFO] [GLCore]: Detecting screen resolution: 1920x1080. [INFO] [WGL]: Extensions: WGL_ARB_buffer_region WGL_ARB_create_context WGL_ARB_create_context_no_error WGL_ARB_create_context_profile WGL_ARB_create_context_robustness WGL_ARB_context_flush_control WGL_ARB_extensions_string WGL_ARB_make_current_read WGL_ARB_multisample WGL_ARB_pbuffer WGL_ARB_pixel_format WGL_ARB_pixel_format_float WGL_ARB_render_texture WGL_ATI_pixel_format_float WGL_EXT_colorspace WGL_EXT_create_context_es_profile WGL_EXT_create_context_es2_profile WGL_EXT_extensions_string WGL_EXT_framebuffer_sRGB WGL_EXT_pixel_format_packed_float WGL_EXT_swap_control WGL_EXT_swap_control_tear WGL_NVX_DX_interop WGL_NV_DX_interop WGL_NV_DX_interop2 WGL_NV_copy_image WGL_NV_delay_before_swap WGL_NV_float_buffer WGL_NV_multisample_coverage WGL_NV_multigpu_context WGL_NV_render_depth_texture WGL_NV_render_texture_rectangle [INFO] [WGL]: Adaptive VSync supported. [INFO] [GLCore]: Initializing HW render (1024x1024). [INFO] [GLCore]: Max texture size: 32768 px, renderbuffer size: 32768 px. [INFO] [GLCore]: Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation, Renderer: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050/PCIe/SSE2. [INFO] [GLCore]: Version: 4.6.0 NVIDIA 527.56. [INFO] [GLCore]: Using resolution 1366x835. [INFO] [Joypad]: Found joypad driver: “dinput”. [INFO] [GLCore]: Loading stock shader. [INFO] [slang]: Building pass #0 (N/A) [INFO] [GLCore]: Not using frame history. [INFO] [GLCore]: Not using framebuffer feedback. [INFO] [Video]: Found display server: “win32”. [libretro INFO] PG_NORMAL [libretro INFO] PG_VDP1_NORMAL [libretro INFO] PG_VFP1_GOURAUDSAHDING [libretro INFO] PG_VDP2_DRAWFRAMEBUFF --START– [libretro INFO] PG_VFP1_HALFTRANS [libretro INFO] PG_VFP1_SHADOW [libretro INFO] PG_VFP1_GOURAUDSAHDING_HALFTRANS [libretro INFO] PG_VFP1_HALF_LUMINANCE [libretro INFO] PG_VFP1_MESH [libretro INFO] PG_WINDOW [libretro INFO] PG_LINECOLOR_INSERT [INFO] [Environ]: SET_GEOMETRY. [INFO] [XAudio2]: Requesting 64 ms latency, using 64 ms latency. [INFO] [Display]: Found display driver: “glcore”. [INFO] [Playlist]: Loading history file: “E:\Video Games\RetroArch\RetroArch 1.14.0 (64 Bit)\content_history.lpl”. [INFO] [Playlist]: Loading history file: “E:\Video Games\RetroArch\RetroArch 1.14.0 (64 Bit)\content_music_history.lpl”. [INFO] [Playlist]: Loading history file: “E:\Video Games\RetroArch\RetroArch 1.14.0 (64 Bit)\content_video_history.lpl”. [INFO] [Playlist]: Loading history file: “E:\Video Games\RetroArch\RetroArch 1.14.0 (64 Bit)\content_image_history.lpl”. [INFO] [Playlist]: Loading favorites file: “E:\Video Games\RetroArch\RetroArch 1.14.0 (64 Bit)\content_favorites.lpl”. [INFO] [Playlist]: Written to playlist file: “E:\Video Games\RetroArch\RetroArch 1.14.0 (64 Bit)\content_history.lpl”. [INFO] [Video]: Frame delay reset to 8 ms. [INFO] [Environ]: SET_GEOMETRY: 320x224, Aspect: 1.333. [INFO] [Environ]: SET_GEOMETRY: 320x240, Aspect: 1.333. [INFO] [Environ]: SET_GEOMETRY: 320x224, Aspect: 1.333. [INFO] [Environ]: SET_GEOMETRY: 320x240, Aspect: 1.333. [INFO] [Environ]: SET_GEOMETRY: 320x224, Aspect: 1.333. [INFO] [Environ]: SET_GEOMETRY: 320x240, Aspect: 1.333. [INFO] [Environ]: SET_GEOMETRY: 320x224, Aspect: 1.333. Vdp2DrawRotationThread [INFO] [Environ]: SET_GEOMETRY: 320x240, Aspect: 1.333.

So I am hoping someone can help me please to fix the Crashing Problem

Update:

Done some more Testing and the 1st Time I see it’s not Crashing was going back to 1.12.0 64 bit Version from 1.14. 64 Bit Version

So that makes me think it’s something to do with Retroarch instead of the Yaba Sanshiro Core

Tried to replicate with my old (i think 1 month old) yaba sanshiro core, it seems to work fine with tomb raider and RA 1.14, I only let it run and worked fine, then updated the cores to test the most recent core and it loaded, then pressed fast forward and shortly after RA froze completely, after some more tests it seems like anything pressed on the keyboard (dont have a controller pluged) F1, enter, space etc. makes the core/RA to freeze shortly after.

Since I tested a older version of the core tried to restore from RA backup but to my surprise the backup and the latest are the same(?), so now im not able to test it with the older one and since in the older one I dont pressed any key cant confirm if the older core worked.

1 Like

I normally Press Fast Forward on Games.

Also was Testing Cheats thru Retroarch as Cheats don’t work on Beetle Saturn.

Thanks @cuyo01 for finding the Reason why it Crashes and then Hopefully can find a Fix for it

As mentioned in https://docs.libretro.com/library/yabasanshiro/, “This core is outdated, known for having many issues, and unmaintained”.

The only update attempt it received over the past 2 years was breaking that core further and got reverted a few hours later. To summarize, no core update caused your regression, that core’s stability was always that bad and tbh it’s kind of a mystery that you were able to use it reliably until now, it’s probably settings-related.

I’d recommend using other saturn cores if you can.

I been using Beetle Saturn Core but I wanted chests to work on Dragon Force they worked on Yubuse and Krnos Core.

Using Yabuse as seems to work better with Dragon Force