[Batch File] Core Splitter (Windows | Android)

Using the same idea as @le_el ( this post ), I modified the code to split the main core and the info file, and all new cores have yours own options. Ideal to use a different shaders/overlays/remaps/overrides for each system.

Instruction:

Windows

Place the two files in “cores” folder and run the .bat. The main core and the info file will be splitted. If run the .bat again, the splitted files will be recreated.

Android (by @le_el)

Copy from /data/data/com.retroarch/cores/ and /data/data/com.retroarch/info/ (you may need root), and put on somefolder\cores\ and somefolder\info.

Run the .bat from inside the somefolder\cores\ folder and it will do it’s job.

Then put back the new files from both folders back into/data/data/com.retroarch/cores/ and /data/data/com.retroarch/info/ (again, you may need root).

If the Android’s retroarch can allow to change the core/info folder to the sdcard or main memory, it should be easier and avoid the need of root.

Thanks, @le_el, for your method, and @RetroFans, for testing.

SEGA SYSTEMS

Genesis Plus GX - GN | CD | GG | MS | SG

Windows - Download

Android - Download

PicoDrive - GN | CD | 32X | MS

Windows - Download

Android - Download

Gearsystem - MS | GG

Windows - Download

Android - Download

Reicast - DC | NM

Windows - Download

Android - Download

NINTENDO SYSTEMS

Mesen - NES | NFC | FDS

Windows - Download

Android - Download

The custom palette “MesenPalette” is the same for all cores.

Windows - Download (Alt)

Android - Download (Alt)

Alt. Version: The custom palette is diferente for all cores.

[Nintendo] MesenPalette.pal

[Famicom] M_NFCPalette.pal

[Famicom Disk System] M_FDSPalette.pal

Snes9x - SNES | SFC

Windows - Download

Android - Download

nSide Balanced - SNES | SFC

Windows - Download

Android - Download

SameBoy - GB | GBC

Windows - Download

Android - Download

Gambatte - GB | GBC

Windows - Download

Android - Download

Gearboy - GB | GBC

Windows - Download

Android - Download

NEC SYSTEMS

Beetle PCE FAST - PCE | CD | TGX | TCD

Windows - Download

Android - Download

SNK SYSTEMS

FB Alpha 2012 Neo Geo - MVS | AES

Windows - Download

Android - Download

ARCADE / AES SYSTEMS

FB Alpha - Arcade | AES

Windows - Download

Android - Download

10 Likes

Any plan on making android split cores?

2 Likes

I’m not a programmer, I’m just curious. :grin:

I shared the file because it worked well for me and maybe someone can improve it.

Thanks.

1 Like

For Android, copy from /data/data/com.retroarch/cores/ and /data/data/com.retroarch/info/ (you may need root), and put on somefolder\cores\ and somefolder\info\

Open the bat in notepad and replace all .dll with _android.so, and save.

Run the .bat from inside the somefolder\cores\ folder and it will do it’s job.

RETROARCH CORE SPLITTER - GENESIS PLUS GX

CORES

..\cores\genesis_plus_gx_libretro_android.so: 1 occurrence changed
..\cores\genesis_plus_gx_libretro-cd_android.so: 17 occurrences changed
..\cores\genesis_plus_gx_libretro-gg_android.so: 17 occurrences changed
..\cores\genesis_plus_gx_libretro-ms_android.so: 17 occurrences changed
..\cores\genesis_plus_gx_libretro-sg_android.so: 17 occurrences changed

[Genesis] genesis_plus_gx_libretro_android.so
[Sega CD] genesis_plus_gx_libretro-cd_android.so
[Game Gear] genesis_plus_gx_libretro-gg_android.so
[Master System] genesis_plus_gx_libretro-ms_android.so
[SG-1000] genesis_plus_gx_libretro-sg_android.so

INFO

..\info\genesis_plus_gx_libretro.info: 2 occurrences changed

[Genesis] genesis_plus_gx_libretro.info
[Sega CD] genesis_plus_gx_libretro-cd.info
[Game Gear] genesis_plus_gx_libretro-gg.info
[Master System] genesis_plus_gx_libretro-ms.info
[SG-1000] genesis_plus_gx_libretro-sg.info

Done!

Then put back the new files from both folders back into/data/data/com.retroarch/cores/ and /data/data/com.retroarch/info/ (again, you may need root).

And I believe it should work.

EDIT:

If the Android’s retroarch can allow to change the core/info folder to the sdcard or main memory, it should be easier and avoid the need of root.

2 Likes

Wow,thank you so much for this,i’m trying now!

Edit: Thanks to @lfan 's batch files and @le_el 's method,I have android split cores now :tada::tada::tada:

2 Likes

@RetroFans, does the info file was changed too?

With your test and the @le_el 's method I will release the batch files for Android.

1 Like

That would be great. Yes,they were changed and work like a charm :grin:

1 Like

thanks for the android bat good job regards

1 Like

Hi sorry to bump this tread. thank again but is it possible to make a batch for the regular fba core on android? I Would like to have 2 neo geo system with arcade mode MVS and console mode AES but the new override folder system doesn’t take care about options needed to change the AES /MVS settings. Thanks a lot Regards

Ok, @Srk15372, I will make it.

:+1:t2:

Thank you so much for your support I will wait patiently. I hope you could make it for windows and android☺thanks Again

1 Like

Thank you so much :grinning: I have to wait tomorrow to test but thanks again for your works Regards

1 Like

Very cool, thank you!

1 Like

Hi, I test all your split cores and all is OK. thank you so much for your amazing and marvelous work. hope we will see more if new cores appears thanks again for all regards pierre

1 Like

hi, do you think you could add a new genius batch file for the reicast core on android please in order to split dreamcast from naomi device ? thanks again

The problem is getting those compatible naomi sets…as far as I know , only emuparadise had the .bin and .lst files and that website no longer offers downloads

I have a link to the fullset (only atomiswave games) in bin + lst format PM me if you want it

Hi, thank again for this update and your marvelous work! Fb alpha work like a charm on windows. Unfortunaly I test the batch for fb alpha for android and the batch work recreating the cores and info files but when I put the cores again on /data/data/com.retroarch/cores/, I load retroarch and see the new cores available but it doesn t load and retroarch says no core. I use the last update of the core. Maybe something change (name or something else on info files) But thanks again for the windows versions working Regards

How do u know what to change?..in case que want to make cores of our own as u may be busy 2 make request by everyone?

The internal name “library_name” (Genesis Plus GX) and the core name that appear inside the retroarch-core-options file (genesis_plus_gx_). The new name need to have the same number of chars than the original name.

Example:

REM Replace | Original internal name | New internal name | Original file | New file
echo CORES
echo.
%GSAR_EXE% -s"Genesis Plus GX" -r"Genesis Plus CD"		"%RETROCOREFOLDER%\genesis_plus_gx_libretro.dll" -f "%RETROCOREFOLDER%\genesis_plus_gx_libretro-cd.dll"
%GSAR_EXE% -s"genesis_plus_gx_" -r"genesis_plus_cd_"	-o "%RETROCOREFOLDER%\genesis_plus_gx_libretro-cd.dll" "%RETROCOREFOLDER%\genesis_plus_gx_libretro-cd.dll"