Could someone convert crt-hyllian-fast to glsl?

Please? :smiley: I don’t think there’s a glsl version of this shader, currently. I used to know how to do this but I forgot.

Yeah, i’ll try to get to it soon.

Is possible to convert crt-reverse-aa to glsl too?

Do you guys actually use these shaders or is it just a gotta-catch-em-all situation?

2 Likes

I have tested all the cl and glsl shaders in my old LCD monitor and I have only liked the following ones:

1. shaders_cg -> crt -> crt-reverse-aa
  2. shaders_glsl -> crt -> crt-caligari
  3. shaders_glsl -> crt -> crt-easymode
  4. shaders_glsl -> crt -> zfast-crt
  5. shaders_glsl -> crt -> crt-hyllian-multipass
  6. shaders_glsl -> scalefx -> scalefx

crt-reverse-aa is the one that looks better and I like it better on my LCD but running Lakka this shader not appear (I think it is due to cg shaders are old and are being removed?)

LOL. :joy: Actually, no… I probably wouldn’t use it. I’m one who prefers a sharp, artifact-free picture with perfect 1:1 scanlines for 240p content.

However! It is one of the few shaders, as I recall, that will run full speed on Raspberry Pis, NUCs and such. So it may be of use to others…? :sweat_smile:

For my money, it doesn’t get any better than scanline-fract. I’ve got the pixel width set to 3 and darkness set to 75% (brightness boost off). With my display’s backlight cranked to 100%, I’m getting CRT-level brightness (100 Nit on full white), and the scanlines are very close to 1:1 (darkened to visible). It’s 0.9:1.0 if you’re considering 1:1 to be a 50% reduction in brightness, so it’s a tad brighter than 1:1 (a 45% reduction in brightness). This is at 5x integer scale. I believe this represents the absolute pinnacle of objective picture quality for 240p content. I always wind up coming back to this.

Anyway, sorry for that tangent. Scanline-fract is awesome, so thanks! :smile:

1 Like