[3.6][pc] FBNeo Issues (resolved)

I am able to run a scan against my arcade roms but unable to play any of these within FBNeo (Mame is fine). I have tried scanning with the FBNeo’s dat and Mame’s xml (and without either) and all list the same number of roms. I have logging enabled but nothing is being reported. Any ideas?

:slight_smile:

This is how you create a playlist with FBNeo : https://neo-source.com/index.php?topic=3725.0

1 Like

I am able to create the playlist but unable to run any games. No error from the GUI and nothing in the logs (unless I’m looking in the wrong place).

FBNeo would throw you a white screen with an error message if the core was started but some error occured. Meaning some issue is preventing FBNeo from even being launched on your setup. Sorry but lakka issues are beyond my scope.

No worries. Thanks for replying :). Yes, I have seen this white screen on my RG351MP but odd that nothing is being logged. There must be some config file or something that needs removing which is causing this. I’ll keep looking around the file structure.

Do the roms play okay manually (e.g. just browsing them and selecting the core), do you have an FBA compatible romset?

Found out that the issue was caused by auto saving/loading states. Because I was scanning the folder (Arcade) previously used by Mame, Mame had saved save states for these games. When I was running FBNeo, it was trying to load these. Have put them in a separate folder, re-scanned and now working.

Thanks for the suggestion powerarmour. I had tried every way of loading them.

1 Like

Good to know, so retroarch doesn’t allow the game to run if savestate auto-loading failed, looks like a very dangerous behavior to me considering savestates can easily break from a core update.

I should note that this was stored under the Content name rather than Core used. I think by default, it is set to core, so might not be an issue unless altered.