[3.6][pc] Lakka Freezing

I’ve noticed that loading some games causes Lakka to freeze and then become unresponsive. The only way out of this is to hard boot the pc which isn’t ideal. This seems to be caused when automatically loading states on startup. Renaming or deleting the state gets around this for a particular game. Is there another way to restart Lakka when the system becomes unresponsive? I’ve tried setting a hotkey with a button on my controller but it seems that it isn’t being recognized. Anyone have any ideas or tips?

:slight_smile:

If you have a KB plugged in Ctrl+Alt+Del will often soft restart too, but yes unfortunately there are some cores that will hard lock the system (like the PCSX2 Alpha) but it is what it is at the moment.

I used to have a wireless keyboard/mouse attached but have since removed it for the controller only. I could try plugging it back in. Thinking about it, I had manually copied some newer cores over (one being fbneo) so maybe this is the reason for these lockups.

It is not advised to use cores downloaded from the libretro buildbot, as these might not be compatible with Lakka. Also no support is provided for these cores, as we don’t know the version of the core / how it was linked/compiled/etc.

1 Like

Good call. Since removing the newer cores, has been a lot more stable. However, using latest core for “Mame - Current” as I don’t believe this was available with the default setup.

Regarding mame (current) I think there are some build issues when cross-compiling, I have a separate (local) branch where I tried to fix this at one time, but did not look at it for longer time.

Are there any websites/pages that show the current status of cores within RetroArch/Lakka. Cores that are actively being worked on or cores that have been retired. There are quite a few to choose from.

You can follow the master commits here:

And libretro repos too:

1 Like