[3.6][pc] Scanning ZX Spectrum Games with FBNeo

That’s a shame. Now that I have done away with the OS, was hoping to use just the controller for navigation and use.

:slight_smile:

Some games accept controller input if you switch the joystick config option (in the dip switches section of the fbneo options) to “sinclair interface 2.” But most games still require you to press number keys on the keyboard (for example to make selections.)

1 Like

Apologies for the possibly stupid question, but what is the correct location for spectrum roms and dat file? I also just realized that FBNeo can be used for ZX Spectrum emulation which made me warm and fuzzy around my heart. I’ve put the ‘spectrum’ folder with roms in ‘roms’, I got the DAT file from github, but where exactly do I put it? Thanks!

Everything is covered at https://docs.libretro.com/library/fbneo/, including a link to a guide explaining how to setup playlists.

1 Like

Thanks, I’ve been there but I guess I’ll try again after a good night’s sleep. :slight_smile:

Update: Ooops, missed the link you mentioned, it is much clearer now.

That file is meant to validate your romsets and to have friendly names in playlists, it’s not supposed to “go” anywhere

Yes, got it now after following the link that you mentioned. Thanks!