4K Vertical Overlay Community Contributions

X-Men Children Of the Atom 4k Vertical Overlay

5 Likes

Forgotten Worlds 4K Vertical Overlay

Can’t even tell you how many hours I spent playing this on my Genesis back in college. Between this and Ghouls and Ghosts it nearly cost me my degree.

I cleaned up this copy of the marquee, I haven’t seen one that wasn’t lower resolution or had more defects etc than this. Thanks to CoinOpArt for the source scan:

5 Likes

Ghouls 'n Ghosts 4k Overlay

7 Likes

Gigawing 4K Vertical Overlay

The bezel in this case is based heavily on marketing materials released with the game, in particular this Japanese instruction card:

4 Likes

Defender 4K Vertical Overlay

6 Likes

Pacman 4K Vertical Overlay

5 Likes

Magic Sword 4K Vertical Overlay

5 Likes

my nephew has a Defender marquee in his cab and your rendition really captures it, with the backlighting effects and all. Great job :slight_smile:

1 Like

@hunterk, that is totally awesome to hear! Thanks for letting me know :slight_smile:

1 Like

Bubble Bobble 4K Vertical Overlay

6 Likes

Samurai Shodown with Dedicated Marquee and Bezel - 4K Vertical

Many thanks to Mr. RetroLust for his work on the beautiful marquee as well as to Mr. Do for providing the original bezel. I personally am a huge fan of this original arcade art set and am very happy to be able to make this overlay available to the community!

I’ve moved the older Samurai Shodown with the generic Neo Geo art into the large screen section.

6 Likes

Mortal Kombat 1 Vertical Overlays

I did two versions here, one more authentic to the original cabinet with a generic bezel with conversion stickers and another with my own custom bezel that matches the overall art design for MK1, so people can pick whatever kind of jazz they like.

I’ve also put both bezels out there at very high resolution in case someone wants to use them for some other purpose like on a real cabinet etc…

5 Likes

In the Hunt 4K Vertical Overlay

6 Likes

Mortal Kombat II 4k Vertical Overlay

High resolution bezel is also out there:

4 Likes

Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 4K Vertical Overlay

5 Likes

Sunset Riders 4K Vertical Overlay

Thanks to @Orionsangel for the recommendation on this game, it was new to me. The bezel in this case was pulled from the original arcade side art, thanks to CoinOpArt for that scan, as well as the scan of the marquee.

5 Likes

Strider 4K Overlay

Thanks again to CoinOpArt for making the scans available.

7 Likes

Awesome! I was hoping Strider was on your list!

It’s also funny that the guy has blond hair :wink:

2 Likes

I was wondering the same thing about the hair…then I realized they only gave that poor artist on the marquee 3 colors! Not bad considering :smile:

1 Like

Sunset Riders! Incredible game that hits my nostalgia sweet spot alongside a couple more :slight_smile:

This is because of the arcade machines that my local place had at that time (a very small one); so it does not matter if the games were actually good; I loved them.

Besides Sunset Riders, the place had The Simpsons, Wonder Boy, Cruis’n USA, The King of Fighters '98, Metal Slug 2, Cadillacs and Dinosaurs, Puzzle Bobble, Pac-Land.

Now that I think of it, the owner had good taste! XD

2 Likes