4K Vertical Overlay Community Contributions

Aliens 4K Vertical Overlay

For whatever reason all the marquee scans available seem to be missing the Konami logo and copyright info that was on the photos of the original marquee. I did my best to clean the best image available and then added the Konami logo and copyright text so it more closely matches the original marquee. I’ve made it available here if anyone wants to use it:

8 Likes

Wow! That"s Fantastic, it evokes a really cool atmosphere!

1 Like

Last Blade 2 4K Vertical Overlay

I created a custom marquee based on the original box art for this one, you can find it here:

5 Likes

Are you using something in portrait mode as a frontend?

Yes, I use BigBox, the fullscreen module for Launchbox. There is a vertical mode theme available. It’s got some font size issues but it works fairly well.

Thanks for the quick reply. I’ve tested that one…I’m working on converting nevato from attractmode.

1 Like

4K Vertical Overlays for Street Fighter 2, Street Fighter 2 Champion Edition, Street Fighter 2 Hyper Fighting

Just too many Street Fighters Capcom, wtf

There are large screen versions out there too.

6 Likes

That’s cool, I’ll check it out when you’re done.

Are the three Alpha/Zero Street Fighter games on your to-do list as well? :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve actually already done SFA3, back on Jan 5 :slight_smile: That one is my fav so it came first. I’m taking a SF break for now but here is Samurai Shodown II!

I’m very happy I was able to find very high resolution scans for both the marquee and bezel for this rare and iconic cabinet. This was not done often for a NEO GEO game by SNK and while this game was released in 1994, the artwork here feels like a throwback to the late 80’s with its bold abstract design.

I spent maybe half an hour or so cleaning up the marquee. Not perfect, but the major damage is cleaned up and it is serviceable:

There is a large screen version there, but almost redundant given the narrow borders on this bezel.

5 Likes

Shame on me, i gave it even a like :innocent:

1 Like

@ArsInvictus sorry if you have already mentioned this before in the thread, but did you make the custom T-mold around the TV? Or is it something you can purchase somewhere?

Also, I see a camera flash reflection in the TV. Have you added a glass over the TV screen? If so, I would love to know how you managed to fix it in the mold.

Cheers!

1 Like

Hey @Kondorito, the cabinet was purchased from RecRoomMasters (https://www.recroommasters.com/Xtension-Vertical-Arcade-Machine-p/rm-xt-vert.htm).

They have a video of it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qa_QOy3Roy0&feature=emb_logo

It has a TV mount included with that molding and yes, it also includes plexiglass. The plexiglass really does improve the overall appearance. I’m not sure why exactly, but it seems to give everything a glossy sheen that makes it feel more like an actual arcade cabinet and CRT.

Overall I’m really happy with the cabinet, the build quality is solid and it was fairly straightforward to put together, a process which took me ~2-3 hours.

2 Likes

Thanks for the info! Will surely check it out!

EDIT: Just went through their website, and then demo videos, and ended up in the video where they grabbed their demo bezels from.

Just in case you can find something useful for your project, this is the file:

And this is the YT channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKAuTw0YwvG-au6s4RxQUvQ

1 Like

Thanks :slight_smile: Yeah, I went through that same process myself, so I have seen those files etc. I used some of those things when I first started but I’ve since gone my own direction with my own template.

I also used this guy’s stuff when I started: https://www.facebook.com/VCabinet.es/

He is basically doing the same thing I am doing but he 3D models all his overlays, which is not something I am that familiar with and the look he is going for is a bit different than my own. He also seems focused on the cabinet design more than just doing overlays as well. It’s good that other people are working toward the same goal though :slight_smile:

1 Like

Some of these are absolutely beautiful. Well done.

1 Like

I’ve set up a NEO-GEO template using the excellent work of Mr. RetroLust on the Launchbox forums for the marquee, with some additional visual effects I’ve added. I will start putting these out there for the more popular neo-geo games. For now, here is Pulstar:

8 Likes

I’ve uploaded some more Neo Geo overlays, in addition to Garou: Mark of the Wolves you will find:

• King of Fighters '98
  • Strikers 1945 Plus
  • Sengoku 3
  • King of the Monsters
  • Magician Lord
  • Fatal Fury Special
  • Real Bout Fatal Fury Special
  • Windjammers
  • Samurai Shodown
  • Shock Troopers
  • Prehistoric Isle 2

4 Likes

Robocop 4K Vertical Overlay

Thanks for the suggestion @HyperspaceMadness

6 Likes

For all the fans of Strato Fighter that are running 4K vertical setups, whose numbers are legion:

I cleaned up the marquee for this:

And created a custom instruction card for the large screen version:

6 Likes