4K Vertical Overlay Community Contributions

Totally sweet. These console cabs are a great idea. Thanks!

2 Likes

Hey Guys! I got Retroarch setup. I was able to configure Donkey Kong, 1943, Karnov and SpaceFB with 4K Portrait Bezels. Thanks so much! This is a load of fun. Having a super time with it. Beautiful work on your part.

2 Likes

That’s awesome! Congrats on the new setup, did you get the HSM Mega Bezel going too? That really makes it to me. Let me know if you have any games on your wishlist and I’ll add them to my queue :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wow wow wow! I registered just right now just to be able to say Fantastic work! I am downloading now your public pack. I am using Retroarch with Raspberry, I know there is a folder that we must add the file with the scaling and position and the other folder for the png, but i don’t know what folders are. Someone ?

1 Like

Man this looks amazing, thanks for doing these console overlays they are looking great!!!

2 Likes

The position config files go in the retroarch/config/MAME folder (the folder name varies by core). The overlays just go into the retroarch/overlays folder.

Hope this helps!

1 Like

Thanks @HyperspaceMadness, I really appreciate your support! I’ve been checking your thread as well, great progress on the shader! I need to get the latest version to make use of the vector preset you added and work on some more old vector games :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Just to let you know there’s a new version coming in the next couple days that is going to come with new presets.

Edit: It also fixes the missing highlight in the inside of the frame.

2 Likes

Here’s a great example of the power of framing. Karnov is absolutely a game that I might have loaded up in MAME, played for ten seconds, and said, “Meh – totally boring.” I’d have moved on and never played again.

With the arcade bezel, however, I can “See the world” the devs had in mind. I gave it a chance. I’m hooked! Been playing this one for the past hour, and plan to finish it. Thanks, ArsInvictus!

2 Likes

That’s so cool @benlogan. I must have played Karnov for an entire summer on my PC back in 1987, it was so addictive, and I think I got very far but don’t think I was ever able to finish it. I’m glad I could help get you into it too :slight_smile:

EDIT: I brought Karonv up myself and decided to make a few updates to bring it more in line with my latest designs. I updated the marquee to look more like actual photos I found of the original arcade cabinet when lit up and I adjust the shading and lit up the coin slots so it looks like the cabinet is on. I put the latest version there if you want to update yours since you are playing it a lot:

7 Likes

Thanks so much, ArsInvictus! Very kind of you. Looking forward to updating my machine. :smiley:

1 Like

Exactly. That’s how I always thought of bezels as well. It adds to the experience.

3 Likes

Nintendo Console 4K vertical overlay

Pretty minimalistic on this one, but Nintendo didn’t do much graphic design in their console branding back then and I didn’t want to do a Mario mascot type theme either:

7 Likes

Dreamcast 4K Vertical Overlay

7 Likes

Thank you for this video, Orionsangel. I’m new to this, and am very much looking forward to getting your bezels up and running. Hoping I can find a way to switch between portrait and landscape. I’ll figure it out!

1 Like

Really love the wooden pedestal look.

Wanted to comment on Defender bezel, but forum disallows more than three consecutive replies, so I’m prompted to edit a former reply. Strange forum architecture (?) Anyway – Defender bezel is extra special with that lower 1/3 front of cab stencil art. Especially well done!

1 Like

Dreamstate – I really love the “night arcade” look you’re going for here. The Chuck E Cheese near our house growing up was blacklighted out. Just magical. We never wanted to leave! Where can I find your bezels? Forgive my newbishness…

War Gods 4K Vertical Overlay

I don’t have the CHD for this one set up so couldn’t get a proper screenshot. This one was requested by @walter.farmacia and he supplied the bezel for this:

7 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: 4K Bezel Overlay Variations

4K Dig Dug Overlay

5 Likes