MAME - Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3

RetroArch - Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3

6 Likes

Mortal Kombat 4 4K Vertical Overlay

MAME - Mortal Kombat 4

RetroArch - Mortal Kombat 4

5 Likes

Updated! Big new features on VerticalArcade.com

Hey friends, I just pushed live a new update to the site that has been in the works for a while, which adds a lot more new overlays from the team here (@ArsInvictus, @PapaShine, @Briball and myself primarily) and great new ways to find them. The centerpiece is a new interface on the Vertical Overlays page (shown below) that allows you to easily browse all the overlays, sort and filter in numerous ways, learn more about each game, link to pages with information and overlays from specific manufacturers and genres, and of course, download the entire collection. Everything is available for both MAME and RetroArch, though the MAME overlays often include more options.

Though I’ve tested the site quite a bit on various platforms, these new updates are still somewhat in beta and I will be continuing to tweak things. Please let me know if you come across anything that’s broken, missing or seems odd. Most of the recent overlays have already been posted in this thread, though there are older ones you may not have seen, as well as related content, so please check it out! I hope you like it.

9 Likes

Awesome, Thoggo! This looks absolutely fantastic. Thanks! Can’t wait to try it out.

2 Likes

Amazing MK collection thx, any chance for CPO version ?

2 Likes

It’s on the list @BlackTiger! I can’t give an ETA, but it’s a set that I’ve asked @papashine to create renders for, hopefully he’ll have time to work on them soon.

2 Likes

Wow, this is awesome!!! :star_struck: I really like the site :slight_smile: Ii’s really nice to browse through all the overlays :smiley:

3 Likes

I agree @HyperspaceMadness, huge thanks to @Thoggo for putting the site together. He personally wrote individual write-ups on every game too, which are amazing!

4 Likes

The site is looking amazing @Thoggo, really great effort to get all of that in there and have it running so smoothly! I know how much work you’ve put into this update and its been worth every moment!! :star_struck:

@ArsInvictus, all these overlays you’ve added recently are fantastic, can’t wait to get some more CPO’s ready for all of them soon! :pray:

5 Likes

i mean the Samurai Shodown 2/3/5 bezels , Orionsangel style :wink:

1 Like

Yeah I really enjoy @thoggo’s write ups too, now I want to figure out how I can play Zwackery properly!

I think I’ll have a spinner and a 2 button stick on my cab at some point, so maybe then :grin:

4 Likes

I gotcha, they aren’t nicely packaged up like we are doing for the vertical monitors so some setup is required, but you can still find the files here:

1 Like

King of Dragons 4K Vertical Overlay

The bezel here is cropped as the full bezel artwork left little space for an actual screen in this case.

MAME - King of Dragons

RetroArch - King of Dragons

8 Likes

Thnx man,are you gonna make more of these bezels or alone the vertical ones?

i got them working,many thnx :wink: :+1:

2 Likes

Looks great @Halloallemaal! To your question earlier, sorry but I won’t be making any more horizontal overlays for the foreseeable future as I’m really only playing the games myself on the vertical cab setup and there is just a huge amount of work to do for the vertical overlays so I’ll be focused on that for a long time.

2 Likes

Tecmo Knight 4K Vertical Overlay

Packaged and updated with latest graphics and effects:

MAME - Tecmo Knight

RetroArch - Tecmo Knight

6 Likes

Alien Syndrome 4K Vertical Overlay

Another basic update:

MAME - Alien Syndrome

RetroArch - Alien Syndrome

6 Likes

Double Dragon 4K Vertical Overlay