A cry for help on all the issues I'm having with Lakka on my tablet

Specifications and Details of the tablet:

• Model: TM800W610L
  • CPU: Intel Atom Z3735F (Base Clock: 1.33 GHz | Turbo Clock: 1.83 GHz) (4 Cores, 4 Threads)
  • GPU: Intel® HD Graphics for Intel Atom® Processor Z3700 Series (Base Clock: 311 MHz | Turbo Clock: 646 MHz)
  • Ram: 2gb of DDR3 SDRAM
  • BIOS: Version 2.17.1249.

Even if this doesn’t specifically help I wanna have this knowledge out in case anyone needs it. Please inform me if any more info is needed.

I’m really hoping I can get some help here for any of the following problems I’m having. Please tell me if you know how to solve any of the following issues:

Major:

• BIOS is rotated in portrait mode, as well as any OS (that isn’t windows) that is booted off of the BIOS. From my understanding, the drivers aren’t properly going through for the accelerometer. Even turning on the Rotation in Lakka’s settings seems to do nothing. I have to bypass this with turning the tablet in portrait when in menus and rotating the game screen through the Video tab to have it in landscape. Alternatively, when plugging in HDMI into a TV it auto goes in landscape, but this does not help on the go.
  • When playing a 3D rendered game with a lot of overlapping sounds (such as Mario Kart 64, Mario Kart DS), sound is delayed at a huge amount. When the race actually starts, however, sound is completely abolished. I must note I’m using tinyalsa driver as it was the only one that worked for sound.

Minor:

• When loading into a Gamecube game, it seems to be okay for a little bit but then freezes up and crashes. I can confirm that the roms do work so this could very well be the weakness of the tablet.
  • D̶e̶s̶p̶i̶t̶e̶ ̶s̶a̶y̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶w̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶b̶o̶o̶t̶ ̶i̶n̶t̶o̶ ̶l̶i̶v̶e̶ ̶m̶o̶d̶e̶ ̶w̶h̶e̶n̶ ̶s̶t̶a̶r̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶L̶a̶k̶k̶a̶,̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶a̶l̶w̶a̶y̶s̶ ̶h̶a̶s̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶g̶o̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶i̶n̶s̶t̶a̶l̶l̶e̶r̶ ̶i̶n̶s̶t̶e̶a̶d̶.̶ ̶Y̶e̶s̶,̶ ̶I̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶ ̶b̶y̶p̶a̶s̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶b̶y̶ ̶h̶i̶t̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶a̶b̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶t̶y̶p̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶l̶i̶v̶e̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶o̶f̶t̶e̶n̶ ̶a̶ ̶h̶u̶g̶e̶ ̶i̶n̶c̶o̶n̶v̶e̶n̶i̶e̶n̶c̶e̶.̶ ̶R̶u̶i̶n̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶p̶l̶u̶g̶-̶a̶n̶d̶-̶p̶l̶a̶y̶ ̶d̶r̶e̶a̶m̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶m̶i̶n̶e̶.̶ I actually got this working! Plug your USB or SD card into your computer, go into the first partition and locate “syslinux.cfg”. Just change “DEFAULT installer” to “DEFAULT live”

I really hope I don’t come off as needy. I’m just another dude looking to solve his issues with an emulation dream. I ask of anyone who can help me to please do so. I love this community so much and I’m really glad I found Lakka when I did. I’m also going to post this to the Lakka subreddit.

Thank you all!

Which version are you using ?

By default it is booting to live mode.

For the portrait mode, we handle rotation in game not yet in the menu.

I’m not to sure anymore, my Lakka stopped working and now I can’t get past the menu.

It used to do that but now it defaults to booting into installation mode.

Will rotation in the menu be available anytime?

Not yet but there is an issue opened for drm/kms backend.

Alright. When it was working, it would rotate when connected to a different display.

To disable your accelerometer (which is what is causing your screen rotations), that’s beyond the scope of Lakka (and frankly, any OS that is loaded into your tablet’s memory that isn’t Windows, but I’m pretty sure you knew that already). To do that, you’re going to have to hack the hardware, and frankly, that’s WAY more trouble than it’s worth.

For sound, because of the nature of PC hardware, you’re probably going to have to SSH into the tablet and find the list of audio devices inside the tablet in order to drive the sound properly. That’s if you can do that at all.