Acessing terminal

How do i access the command line? I ned to use it so i can link my roms from my external hdd to the roms folder on my sd card/ I am using the experimental build for the Odroid xu3. I have read that you have to edit your boot.ini but i am unsre which part i need to edit. Here’s a copy of the boot.ini, if anyone would be kind and tell me what part to add it it or another way:

#------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#
# boot.ini identification
#
#------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ODROIDXU-UBOOT-CONFIG

# U-Boot Parameters
setenv initrd_high "0xffffffff"
setenv fdt_high "0xffffffff"

#
# Boot Specific Stuff
#
setenv bootrootfs "boot=/dev/mmcblk0p1 disk=/dev/mmcblk0p2 ro"

#
# Console Setup
#
setenv console "console=ttySAC2,115200n8"

#
# Video output
#
# Setup the video output
#   Unset variable = automatic
#
   setenv video_output "video=HDMI-A-1:1920x1080M@60" : 1080p (Use connected display's EDID)
#  setenv video_output "video=HDMI-A-1:1280x720@60"   :  720p (Use connected display's EDID)
# 
#  setenv video_output "drm_kms_helper.edid_firmware=edid/1920x1080.bin" : 1080p (Use system EDID)
#  setenv video_output "drm_kms_helper.edid_firmware=edid/1280x720.bin"  :  720p (Use system EDID)
# setenv video_output "video=HDMI-A-1:1920x1080M@60"

#
# OpenELEC variables
#
# Setup the OpenELEC options
#   valid values are: progress ssh debugging quiet break verbose
setenv openelec "quiet ssh consoleblank=1"

#
# MAC Network Address
#
setenv macaddr "00:1e:06:61:7a:39"

#
# U-Boot bootcmd command
#  
setenv kernel  "fatload mmc 0:1 40008000 KERNEL"
setenv dtb     "fatload mmc 0:1 44000000 exynos5422-odroidxu3.dtb"
setenv bootcmd "${kernel}; ${initrd}; ${dtb}; bootz 40008000 - 44000000"

#
# Kernel boot
#
setenv bootargs "${console} ${bootrootfs} ${openelec} smsc95xx.macaddr=${macaddr}"

# Boot the board
boot

P.s. I don’t want to ssh, i would like to acess the cli directly from the device.

[QUOTE=nonekiller001;28281]How do i access the command line? P.s. I don’t want to ssh, i would like to acess the cli directly from the device.[/QUOTE] If you plug a keyboard into your Odroid, you might be able to get away with using Ctrl+Alt+F-keys to bring up a terminal window. I haven’t tried it myself, but it’s worth a shot.

Thanks, but i have tried that and it doesn’t work.

If you want to access a terminal, there is some documentation on the website of Lakka.

You need to do this change:

setenv openelec “quiet ssh consoleblank=1 tty retroarch=0”

and then use Alt+F3

Hello, can a terminal be accessed through NOOBS? I’ve installed lastest Lakka-20160122…noobs.tar to a SD card 8 GB with NOOBS, but I can’t access to it when I try to use Putty a msg is showed saying “Connection refused”, so I can’t edit /boot/config.txt or /boot/cmdline.txt, is there any other way to access a terminal?

Please elaborate in detail. What am I changing when writing “setenv…retrocarch=0”? The documentation for this is poor at best.

1 Like